PDA

View Full Version : tablesaw problems

Mike Steinhilper
07-26-2005, 3:05 PM
age-old problem. i have a craftsman table saw and it is virtually impossible to cut large panels. i built a sled for smaller panels, which works well, but when it comes to ripping anything longer than 30", it becomes a real challenge. I also built an outfeed roller. It is not much help either. Any ideas? I know, buy a bigger table. Something other than that!

Dave Right
07-26-2005, 3:12 PM
I use a circle saw over saw horses. A lot cheaper than a huge table top especially since I dont need it that often.

John Branam
07-26-2005, 3:12 PM
When I cut down large panels I just use a set of saw horses, a straight edge guide and a circular saw. Works real well for me.

Lee Schierer
07-26-2005, 3:24 PM
You can build an extension table like mine to support the pieces being cut. I have successfully ripped full sheets of plywood without assitance with my set up. It is nearly 5 feet long behind the table. I also have room in it for a table mounted router.

Here's a photohttp://home.earthlink.net/~us71na/lsfence4.jpg

Steve Jenkins
07-26-2005, 3:59 PM
if you check the archives you will find a lot of info on "guided circular saw systems". Eurekazone and festool are the two primary ones you will find. Add a .com after their names and check out the websites.
Basically an aluminum extrusion designed to support and guide a handheld circular saw and/or router.