PDA

View Full Version : AAW Business Insurance

James Conrad
01-30-2015, 6:01 PM
I've been shopping for a new carrier and was curious if anyone here uses the AAW's business insurance for their shop. What has been your experience?

Reed Gray
01-30-2015, 6:17 PM
I haven't checked in a while, but it used to be if you did woodturning only. I ended up going with the Hartford. Best rates I could find and covered everything from going to shows, students, videos, and everything in the shop. Most other companies were geared to big business, well, having several employees anyway, and sprinkler systems.

robo hippy

James Conrad
01-30-2015, 7:06 PM
Thanks Reed, I was wondering if it was turning only, I'll call them at some point, but wanted to get some hands on feedback first.

John Keeton
01-31-2015, 5:40 AM
I had a separate commercial policy for a couple of years and we switched all our insurance to Allstate. They put a rider on my homeowner policy that provides coverage for the shop, tools, and liability for students. It doesn't provide off premises liability like Reed's, however. It was considerably cheaper than the stand alone commercial policy. I checked with AAW at the time and they were not competitive.

However, I think you will find that coverage and cost varies widely state to state.