PDA

View Full Version : Armed Forces Tribute

Boyd Gathwright
07-26-2005, 12:32 PM
Nicely done tribute to the Armed Forces.

Armed Forces Tribute

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" bgColor=white border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width="100%">Someone put together a flash presentation with music from Ricky Skaggs with an overlay of a little girl talking to her Dad who is a soldier. Whew! This is very touching and really puts things into perspective. This is one of the best done pieces I have seen. Make sure your speakers are turned on. It takes a few minutes to load but it is well worth the wait.

http://www.armedforcestribute.com/ (http://www.armedforcestribute.com/) :)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<HR>

Ron Jones near Indy
07-26-2005, 2:48 PM
Thanks Boyd! That is certainly well done and to the point. I'll pass it on to many of my non-woodworking friends.

Keith Outten
07-26-2005, 4:18 PM
Thanks Boyd,

The presentation is very powerfull and very sad. Any man who has heard the words "I Love You Daddy" will surely understand how much our children suffer when we are away. Add to that the long deployments our Forces are experiencing right now and the situation becomes very sad for a lot of people and worse when loved ones don't return.

America is in a war, not just our Military.

Earl Reid
07-26-2005, 6:04 PM
Boyd Thanks for sharing.
Earl

Ken Fitzgerald
07-26-2005, 7:58 PM
Boyd...thanks for sharing! I've passed that on.....something I don't normally do. Those who serve and their families pay a tremendous price for our liberty. A few years ago my wife had the honor and great pleasure of riding an aircraft carrier from Peal Harbor back to San Diego and then on to Bremerton WA where it was homeported. The carrier was returning from playing with the Taliban. Seeing those 200+ new fathers seeing their new children for the first time, she found to be an unbelieveably emotional experience. She videotaped it but she was so moved that you don't see much.....Did I mention her Canon Camcorder has "Steady Cam"? Thanks again Boyd!