PDA

View Full Version : x-rays for templates/sand blasting

Shaddy Dedmore
07-26-2005, 1:00 AM
I just talked to a sand carver that went to his x-ray tech and told him his hobby, and walked away with a whole stack of x-rays. Most were screwups that never turned out, some were old or extras with all personal info cut off. Not sure what material it is, it might not be laserable, it's just an idea I thought I'd post. Seemed pretty clever to me.

Let me know if anyone has any other info along these lines.

Shaddy

James Stokes
07-26-2005, 7:57 AM
What is it you are asking? I do not understand what you want to know.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-26-2005, 8:28 AM
Shaddy....it's film.....x-ray film..........plastic base.....silver coated.......just film.

Anthony Welch
07-26-2005, 8:43 AM
I can see where the sandcarver friend may be using them to cut out and use as a template. Although I wouldn't know if they are made of pvc plastic or how much resist to sandblasting abrasives.

Lee DeRaud
07-26-2005, 9:37 AM
I can see where the sandcarver friend may be using them to cut out and use as a template. Although I wouldn't know if they are made of pvc plastic or how much resist to sandblasting abrasives.I wouldn't worry about them being PVC...come to think of it, I'm not sure there is even such a thing as "clear PVC".

Most film base is some flavor of acetate, can't imagine why they'd use anything different for xray film. Kodak or Agfa website might be able to tell you.

Shaddy Dedmore
07-26-2005, 9:41 AM
Sorry James... I was basically asking for info on if they were laserable. Like if they had PVC. I'm not sure what's in Film.

I think someone was asking about mylar sheets for something a little while ago. I would guess that these could work in place of those. You could make some shapes and make your own painting templates or something.

Sorry for the confusion. And thanks everyone for the replies.