PDA

View Full Version : My Colorado customer needs help with Family Tree

Bill Stearns
01-28-2015, 5:46 PM
Hi All - Any of you in, or around, the Broomfield Co. area? - offering laser engraving? I'm in Minnesota, and I have a customer who needs some help. Awhile back, I engraved a "family tree" for this old gentleman in his 80's - sent it to him in Broomfield. The family has since had a baby born, whose name needs adding to the plaque. Would like to save the old guy money 'n hassle in sending it back to me, if possible. Wondering if somebody could jump in and help; add the baby's name/date. (Alder wood plaque, 9" x 12" I used Times-roman 12 pt for the names. Could probably send you the CDraw file for easy name placement.) I told him I would at least ask. (He's on Clay Street.) - the only engravers I Googled in his area aren't in to plaques it seems. Let me know, if willing to help out, and I will provide the customer's phone number for you. - OR, I can give the guy your number, or business name. ? - Thanks

Bill

Don Corbeil
01-29-2015, 10:01 AM
Bill, I'm in Colorado, but wayyy down in the southwest corner, a seven hour drive from Broomfield. I would have been happy to help out if I was closer. I'm surprised there aren't any laser folks on here closer to Denver.

Bill Stearns
01-29-2015, 12:42 PM
DON - thanks for your reply. One of the fellas did contact me - his shop much closer, I guess, to the customer's home. Typically, I would've had the customer ship their "family tree" back to me for adding the baby's name. (I've only had this request one other time.) Just trying, hopefully, to save the old gent money in shipping back to Minnesota and back again. (BTW: Braden: thanks for the pvt message, the response. What goes 'round - comes 'round, I believe.)

Bill

Don Corbeil
01-29-2015, 1:13 PM
OK, good to hear!

Melissa Wollenweber
02-03-2015, 9:59 PM
You might be able to reach Mary in Denver at Custom Laser Design, Inc.
https://www.customlaserdesign.com/
Sometimes she's really busy but she's great!
Good luck!

Melissa Wollenweber
02-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Hi Don,
I'm just curious what part of SW CO? I'm currently in Gunnison but from Pagosa and may be moving back to that area in the summer.

Don Corbeil
02-03-2015, 11:24 PM
Melissa, I'm in Durango.

Braden Todd
02-04-2015, 12:09 AM
I was able to take care of the customer today, very nice gentleman and a beautiful piece that Bill created! I think his total drive time to my shop was roughly 15 minutes and he was able to leave happy with the finished product.

Now to the select Colorado folks(or anyone else interested), I would love to have a get together or a time to put our heads together to tackle a project or projects that have always seemed to elude us! Anyone interested in such an event? I would even be willing to host at my shop, although I do understand if Boulder is a tad out of the way for some.

Don Corbeil
02-04-2015, 10:49 AM
Braden, thanks for the invite. I would put myself into the interested category, but the distance will be a hurdle. What I could do is drop you a note the next time I am planning to get up to the front range. It's great to be tucked away down here in a beautiful part of the state, but it does present challenges when the closest major city isn't even in colorado (it's albuquerque, 4hrs).

Braden Todd
02-04-2015, 3:28 PM
That sounds great!

I haven't ever made it down to Durango yet but I hear it is very beautiful! Maybe my next shop can be in the mountains.