PDA

View Full Version : Compressor luck

Justin Ludwig
01-28-2015, 8:16 AM
Some recent threads made me curious about what I'm using. Ignorance is bliss I tell ya.

I've been in my shop for a little over 2 years initially used my pancake PC compressor, then a 10gal compressor to suit my needs. My FIL has had this compressor back there (hooked up and available) since I moved in, though plumbed for his bottle filler 100ft away in another shop.

I finally got around to asking if I could plumb it in for my needs. He didn't have a problem with it. I won a 10' Ritter faceframe/clamping table on auction in December so my needs just got elevated. Before, I wasn't real curious as to it's make/model or anything. If it worked and didn't run every 10minutes, I was happy.

Turns out it's a Quincy 310 he bought about 20 years ago from a service shop that had it for who knows how long.

Score? Does anyone know how to calculate the SCFM on this relic? With the purchase of the faceframe table, I was thinking of buying a Dynabrade to sand frames while their clamped to the table.

I couldn't find a manual online so I'll probably email Quincy today and provide the specs to see if they have one on PDF.

If you have trouble viewing the pictures:

Quincy 310 24 Serial 666113 L
Size is 3-1/2 & 2 x 2-1/2

Motor is a Baldor 5hp 230v 1ph 1725rpm