PDA

View Full Version : Going to Hampton Beach NH tomorrow...

Tim Morton
07-25-2005, 8:39 PM
The only male among 5 females...might have some spare time while they all sun bath and shop ...any restaurant, bar or fun stuff recommendations?

Norman Hitt
07-25-2005, 10:17 PM
Hey Tim, since you haven't been on that "New Job" long enough to get Vacation Time built up, but you're going to the Beach in the Middle of the Week, that must mean that your New Job is Babysitting Females? (you've been keeping this little Secret from us, now haven't you)? :D

Tim Morton
07-25-2005, 10:24 PM
Hey Tim, since you haven't been on that "New Job" long enough to get Vacation Time built up, but you're going to the Beach in the Middle of the Week, that must mean that your New Job is Babysitting Females? (you've been keeping this little Secret from us, now haven't you)? :D

*LOL*...no babysitting job...but well might be doing it anyway...its my wife , two teenage daughters and their two friends....does anyone see a drink in my hand to get thru this?:D I told the person at the hiring interview that i had a family vacation booked this week...kind of streched the truth a little to get a week off in the summer...

Gregory Benulis
07-26-2005, 9:54 AM
Hi Tim,
Mike Dunbar's Windsor Institute is about a 10 minute ride from Hampton Beach. They are real nice to visitors and Mike has an awesome collection of antique tools and windsor chairs. Here is a link to his web site.
Windsor Institute (http://www.thewindsorinstitute.com/) The site has directions to the place. He is also a good source of information on area restaurants.
HTH,
Greg

Gregory Benulis
07-26-2005, 10:07 AM
Hey Tim,
I just checked their schedule and there are no classes this week. Too bad. You might still give them a call today, when I visited the first time the school was out but they still gave me a tour and demonstration of some of the techniques. I was lucky because they were finishing some chairs that were to be given as gifts by President Bush at a Group of Eight meeting. Mike has made chairs for all the presidents since Jimmy Carter.
Greg

John Shuk
07-27-2005, 5:45 PM
Tim,
I recently spent a few days in Rye Beach. I can't remember the name but I stayed at The Dunes (dump) and just past it on the left was an awesome restaraunt. They had a great mix of dishes and everything was great. It may be a bit pricey but it was very good. I'll be heading up past you tommorrow(thursday) going up to Scarborough, Maine. My wife is already there and she said the water has been very warm the last few days. I imagine NH will have the same effect. Enjoy a swim. It is usually too cold to enjoy.