PDA

View Full Version : Long Time Lurker Comes Out!

Bill Carruthers
01-27-2015, 6:28 PM
I have been following the SMC Engravers Forum for years now but have never managed to make any posts till now.
I just want to say Hi to everyone and also to say thank you to all the wonderful old and new "gurus" on the forum.
I have found a wealth and depth of knowledge that is freely offered to all and sundry, and with it often comes a sprinkling of humour which I also enjoy. A few of the "disagreements" have also been entertaining from the sideline view too.

I have acquired over the last few years a reasonable working knowledge of RDCam software and Chinese machines and hardware and tubes in general, and I hope as a result to be able to contribute back to the community some of the help I've received.

I have just ordered a new 1300 x 900 x 100 Watt machine from China and a 300x400 CNC router which will be packed inside it for the trip. ...with it comes a whole new learning curve:cool:

I initially got my laser as a "toy" for my semi -retirement, but it has become a source of entertainment and challenge and almost inadvertently a "real business", hence the additions.

Cheers & thanks to you all and if you find yourself in the sunny South Pacific the first drink is on me.
Bill

Paul Phillips
01-27-2015, 7:44 PM
Welcome Bill, or should I say, nice to meet you, since you're not exactly new! Sounds like a fun way to semi-retire, hope I can do the same one day. Make sure you keep us posted on how things go with your new toys and be sure and show us some pics of your work!
Oh yeah, and just make sure you don't cross the line with the marshal and you'll do fine!
Paul

David Somers
01-27-2015, 8:31 PM
Welcome Bill!!! This is a great group isn't it? Glad your experiences have been good so far! Hope your new "toys" are excellent and help you expand your retirement business and are fun too!

Dave

John Noell
01-28-2015, 12:41 PM
Bill has already helped me. (There aren't many of us in the south Pacific region.) Glad to see you posting Bill!