PDA

View Full Version : Any Epilog Fusion 120 Watt users out there?

Jason Saul
01-27-2015, 3:26 PM
Hi all - I'm looking for some fellow Fusion 120 watt owners. I'd like to ask a specific question regarding cutting material and thought it would be great if we got to know each other a bit in case there are technical issues we can learn from each other on. I've been through ours inside and out, replacing belts, small parts, and even the laser tube. We might be having a problem with the RF controller and, since these machines are so new to the market, I'd like to chat with the other guinea pigs out there.

Appreciate your time and always happy to lend an ear if you have a problem with your Fusion.

Jason Saul
01-29-2015, 8:56 AM
BUMP! No other Fusion 120 owners out there?! There has to be a few! What about Fusion 75 watt owners?

Brian Leavitt
01-29-2015, 9:58 AM
I have a 60-watt Fusion 40. I don't do much cutting so I don't need the extra power.

Jason Saul
01-29-2015, 12:03 PM
I have a 60-watt Fusion 40. I don't do much cutting so I don't need the extra power.

Gotcha - Thanks, Brian. Good to know you have a Fusion 40. Cheers.

vic casware
01-29-2015, 9:33 PM
I want one, does that count, The US dollar is taking off at the moment and in the last 6 months the price of the Fusion 120
has gone up for me about NZ$8000, I knew i should have got one earlier :(

Jeanette Brewer
02-03-2015, 9:31 AM
You'll likely find more Fusion40 owners on the Epilog Laser Fans page. I don't think I'm allowed to put a link to that page here but if you're on Facebook and you search for "Epilog Laser Fans" page, I believe you'll find it. If it helps any, the "group #" is 75753849193.

Alternatively, if you don't have Facebook, let me know and I'll find a Fusion40/120 person with whom you can visit.

Click on "join" since it's a closed group. Good luck!

vic casware
04-12-2015, 6:18 PM
Hi again Jason,
I'm a bit closer to maybe grabbing a FUSION 40 75W
I'm really keen to hear if you have any issues with your 120?
so far my only issue will be removing a door and 400mm of wall to get it into the room.

Jason Saul
05-12-2015, 5:10 PM
Vic - I'm so sorry I didn't see your post. I am "subscribed" to this thread but emails stopped coming through when someone replied for some reason. Did you end up going with a Fusion? I'd be happy to tell you all about my experiences.

Hi again Jason,
I'm a bit closer to maybe grabbing a FUSION 40 75W
I'm really keen to hear if you have any issues with your 120?
so far my only issue will be removing a door and 400mm of wall to get it into the room.

vic casware
05-12-2015, 9:24 PM
I am hopefully confirming today, Murphy's law saw my Helix tube fail the same day i filled
in the forms for the bank loan, then Epilog ran out of tubes so i'm now 5 days with no machine
hopefully get it on Monday.
So wish i ordered the new machine weeks ago.

Martin Boekers
08-18-2015, 1:10 PM
Greetings, We had a Fusion M2 32 120watt with camera installed last week.... Evidently the auto focus wasn't set properly at the factory.
Talking this through with Epilog, the lens carriage crashed through the vector grid... Still waiting for parts from Epilog.... now it looks like the
laser isn't firing, not sure if there is a reset for that of if something was damaged in the crash... Right now not very happy with the support
we are receiving on a new machine.... first time I have been unhappy with their service... This is our 3rd purchase from them... :(

Once we are up and running, I'll let you know... ;)

Tim Bateson
08-18-2015, 1:46 PM
.... now it looks like the laser isn't firing, not sure if there is a reset for that of if something was damaged in the crash...

The 2 times I have seen this on my Fusion:
#1 I had hit the Emergency shutoff button...oops
#2 The Network IP addressing was incorrect. Solution: I ignored the Epilog Fusion setup and used instructions from my old Mini... works great now.

Jay Selway
08-18-2015, 5:16 PM
How's the speed on the fusion compare to the trotec 400? In the market for a new machine... Sorry to hijack the thread.

Scott Shepherd
08-18-2015, 5:42 PM
How's the speed on the fusion compare to the trotec 400? In the market for a new machine... Sorry to hijack the thread.

It's slower.