PDA

View Full Version : Input needed

Lance Mills
01-25-2015, 8:11 PM
Hi all, I have a problem again with my chinese laser, I had been using it the day before this all began without any hint of a problem and the next day I thought, its due for the water to be changed, so went ahead with the process, double checked everything and , being satisfied all was well, I turned it on with my usual sequence but nothing happened!
The only response I can get when I power on is the small panel illumination and the fluro light inside the work area, normally it goes into reset mode, zero's both axis and comes back to 'Origin' where it began - but now nothing. If I press the laser button to fire a shot, I get audio(beep) but no beam, no movement from the motors.......NOTHING!
Could this be a motherboard failure or am I overthinking it?

Bert Kemp
01-25-2015, 9:22 PM
I would check the water sensor flow switch first just to make sure its working properly.Will thr laser fire if you press the button on the power supply?

Lance Mills
01-25-2015, 10:03 PM
Hi Bert, the water flow switch has never been hooked up, it's by passed and no to the power switch button, I replaced the P/S last year and have had doubts about the beams power, its an 80 watt but seems(seemed) to lack its original grunt??

Dave Sheldrake
01-25-2015, 11:04 PM
Are you using anti freeze by any chance Lance?

hit "ESC"

Then "Datum" (but make sure the Z axis is NOT selected on the pad)

Lance Mills
01-26-2015, 12:08 AM
Hi Dave, was hoping you'd look in, no to the anti-freeze, just distilled water, same as always and I don't have esc or datum on my control pad, it starts up independently then I connect the laptop to it by usb plug.

Rodne Gold
01-26-2015, 5:22 AM
If it doesnt boot up at all , it's most likely the motherboard , however it could also be one of the emergency power knobs that is faulty or a loose wire somewhere , check all connections.

Bill George
01-26-2015, 7:51 AM
Hi Bert, the water flow switch has never been hooked up, it's by passed and no to the power switch button, I replaced the P/S last year and have had doubts about the beams power, its an 80 watt but seems(seemed) to lack its original grunt??

Just wondering why you would bypass or not use a water flow safety switch? No flow = tube bad.
If you are using a chiller I would assume it would have an internal flow switch and it could be the problem. Or like Rodne said a loose connection that might have been done when you changed the water.

matthew knott
01-26-2015, 9:54 AM
Check the E-Stops have not been pressed in , twist them as see if they pop out, its not obvious if they are pressed in !!!!!!!!

Dave Sheldrake
01-26-2015, 10:13 AM
Check the E-Stops have not been pressed in , twist them as see if they pop out, its not obvious if they are pressed in !!!!!!!!

ssshhhhh Matt, been there ;)

Ray Scott
01-26-2015, 10:46 PM
Could you please provide some more background info? What controller is it using? What software? Do you have the ability to reload the firmware? Can you reload the system configuration? Does the laser communicate with the PC?

have you tested the voltage levels of the related power supplies? 24VDC... 12VDC... .

thank you.

Lance Mills
01-27-2015, 2:47 AM
Hi Ray, I run the laser using an add on in Corel Draw, I think its called RLasercut? As to the controller - no idea and wouldn't know the first thing about reloading firmware or sys config. Not too sure regarding laser communicating with laptop and I don't have the gear or knowledge to test the output, its 240v supply down here.

Hi Matthew, I don't have the red estops on this machine, just a flat button on the control pad and connections seem to be all good by feel.