PDA

View Full Version : Another Boring (No pun intended) Pic.

Keith Burns
07-25-2005, 2:35 PM
Another Segmented turning for your review. This one is 9" dia. x 4-1/4" tall and has 133 pieces. It is made from walnut, maple and veneers. I appreciate your looking and any comments (both positive and negative).

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b239/berniewood/Bowls025.jpg
"Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints."

Bill Stevener
07-25-2005, 3:13 PM
Hi Keith,

Very nice work. I am one that enjoys and respects the art of segmented turning. I see nothing negative to comment about, just all positive. Have you ever tryed a Heptagon, a fun and challenging turning?

Everyone should try a segmented turning once. Some, as yourself, make it look real easy.

Keep up the great work.

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Ed Scolforo
07-25-2005, 3:37 PM
Beautiful, Keith!

Dave Right
07-25-2005, 4:58 PM
That is beautiful ! Great contrast with the woods. Looks like a lot of work.

Rick Simmons
07-25-2005, 5:00 PM
Very Nice Keith,
Maybe one day I'll learn to do segmented turning.
Thanks for sharing that.
Rick

Ernie Nyvall
07-25-2005, 7:42 PM
That's another great looking piece Keith. You do really nice work.

Ernie

Warren White
07-25-2005, 8:19 PM
Keith,
I do have one negative....IT AIN'T MINE!! :rolleyes:

What a beautiful job. I never tried any roundy-off work. One day I might give it a whirl, but i guess I will have to have a lathe first...

But that is a magnificent bowl.

Warren

Dennis Peacock
07-25-2005, 10:36 PM
Hey Keith....

Turn me one of those. It's BEAUTIFUL!!! I'll pick it up on my way to visit my folks in Alabama. I come very close to you each time I go to and from Alabama and used to drive through Collierville when the parkway around to highway 72 wasn't yet completed to bypass all the traffic in Germantown.

If you ever get out toward Little Rock, AR, holler at me, I'd love to meet you in person.

Very nice choices of wood and very well executed as well as a very handsome finish.

How much of a pain was it cutting all those pieces? :eek: :confused:

Sparky Paessler
07-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Looks great Keith! I bet a lot of planning goes into a piece like that. How do you cut all those angles on such small pieces and get them to fit together so well?

Ken Fitzgerald
07-25-2005, 11:48 PM
Keith...when it comes to segmented turning.....You are the man! Beautiful work!

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
07-26-2005, 9:50 AM
Nice form, great work and fine wood. What could be better. Wish you were near to give me some lessons.

Lou Morrissette
07-26-2005, 11:34 AM
Great looking work, Keith. The only major tool I'm missing is a lathe and your work realy makes getting one tempting.

Lou

Von Bickley
07-26-2005, 12:01 PM
Keith,
That is one great looking piece.... :)

Keith Burns
07-28-2005, 8:02 AM
Thanks guys for all your kind words ! Your comments encourage me to keep turnin' !

"Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints."

Jerry Clark
07-28-2005, 8:48 AM
Wow Keith, That is beautiful! :D Keep them coming as it will inspire us to try some segmented turning, will maybe.:rolleyes: Love the detail beading on the top and bottom.