PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail Login Problems

Jerry Solomon
07-25-2005, 11:29 AM
Is anyone else having problems accessing their Hotmail account? Suddenly last week (Thursday maybe), I could no longer get in. I've tried on 3 different PC's both at work and at home. I've also tried using both Firefox and IE. I didn't install new programs, mess with existing applications (IE options, privacy), etc. that might have affected this. I can't see anything on the MSN site that indicates that Hotmail is down or elsewhere on the Net that there are widespread problems similar to mine. Comments?

Peter Stahl
07-25-2005, 1:17 PM
Is anyone else having problems accessing their Hotmail account? Suddenly last week (Thursday maybe), I could no longer get in. I've tried on 3 different PC's both at work and at home. I've also tried using both Firefox and IE. I didn't install new programs, mess with existing applications (IE options, privacy), etc. that might have affected this. I can't see anything on the MSN site that indicates that Hotmail is down or elsewhere on the Net that there are widespread problems similar to mine. Comments?

Just tried it and no problem. I was in there last night also with no problem. I switched to gmail because I was having problems. I actually have a problem with gmail not showing on the screen when I used IE and what I would have to is click on my gmail link again. Sometimes it would take a couple tries but with Firefox no problem.

After I wrote the reply above I went and tried it again and this time no Hotmail in my FF. Tried IE same thing. Went back to FF and hit my MSN link and that came up, then tried the Hotmail link and this time it opened. Tried IE againg but only the MSN page would come up. Very strange!

Went back to my IE and brought up MSN page and click the Hotmail link on that page. Hotmail came up ok. Clicked my link, no hotmail.

Try this ( http://loginnet.passport.com/login.srf?id=2&svc=mail&cbid=24325&msppjph=1&tw=0&fs=1&fsa ) It's the address that was in the link on the MNS page to Hotmail.

Pete

Aaron Koehl
07-25-2005, 2:22 PM
Never had a problem using GMail with IE-- v6.0.2900

Jerry Solomon
07-25-2005, 3:31 PM
Thanks for responding. About 5 minutes ago I was able to get in again. Apparently there was some type of server maintenance going on at their end for several days. I use that account to try and limit the amount of spam that shows up on my "real" email account. I've never given my "real" email address to anyone (other than family members and close friends) and I still get 40+ spam messages daily. All but 2-3 are caught by Bellsouth's mailguard filter. I still don't know how all of this arrives at my mailbox!!

Randy Meijer
07-25-2005, 3:33 PM
I have a Hotmail account and periodically have trouble accessing it. Emails to MSN result in a "canned" response saying, "...we are having difficulty and are working on the problem..." "Lockouts" can be anywhere from a few hours to several days!! Last time I had a multi-day problem, I switched to Gmail and have not had any problems with it...am using IE 5.?. I know this is not an answer to your specific problem.....looks to me like HotMail just doesn't have all of the bugs worked out. Why don't you try setting up a Yahoo account and see if that works better for you. If you want a Gmail account, I still have some free referrals left. Contact me if you want one,