PDA

View Full Version : Epilog printing solid box

Carrol Fleming
01-22-2015, 8:52 AM
I have tried a search but get all sorts of stuff and my bran is now full!

My Epilog Helix Mini 24 is driving me up the wall. I have a job that I have used, unchanged, for a few years now and suddenly the engraver is engraving it as a solid black box.

After the problem showed up I did the following:

Converted my DAT files
Updated the print drivers
Installed the Job Manager - that will save me so much time!!
Tried to set the engraver up, again, on my 64bit computer to frustrating results (another problem for another day)

I used to use an ethernet cable but I suspect my network card has gone so I now use the USB cable, and have for a year at least. This is my only 32bit computer so I only use it, via Team Viewer, for the laser - nothing else!

The piece is 600mm x 300mm
If I change the Piece Size in the Print Properties to 590 x 300 it will print.

I have done nothing to the computer or engraver prior to this happening. This computer is used for nothing but CorelDraw and the engraver.

Any ideas would be very gratefully received!

Carrol

Jeanette Brewer
01-22-2015, 5:31 PM
My best advice would be to contact tech support. With the time difference, email is probably your best bet.

Tech@epiloglaser.com

Mike Null
01-23-2015, 8:28 AM
Madam President

It's is very nice to have you join us. Best of luck on your upcoming show.

Jeanette is the president of the ARA. Their annual show, commonly known as the engraver's show, is coming up next week in Las Vegas. It is the largest and best attended show in the engraving industry.

Jeanette Brewer
01-23-2015, 5:07 PM
It's is very nice to have you join us. Best of luck on your upcoming show.

Thanks, Mike! All indications are that this is going to be a great show. Stay tuned for exciting news about the association and upcoming shows in the near future....

Carol, I'm hoping you were able to reach tech support. Please let me know if you haven't spoken with them. I'd be happy to ask one of them to reach out to you.

Carrol Fleming
01-27-2015, 1:34 AM
Just in case anyone else has the same issue in the future I worked out my problem by trial and error. A corrupted .dat file. I deleted the .dat file in the epilog settings folder and saved a new one and we are back on track. Have been in contact with tech support and they confirm that when you have a job that is opened and closed often you can run into problems.