PDA

View Full Version : Washington Senators fans: You are welcome. I guess.

Kent A Bathurst
01-21-2015, 12:19 AM
You got Fister from us a year ago - hard to rationalize that we weren't snookered.

You just hierd Scherzer for many gazillions of smackeroos.

Is that it? You done now? Or - what? You need Miggy and a Martinez to be named later?

Fer cryin' out loud !!!

Just for the record:

A couple months after I moved from Michigan to Northern Virginia, the Senators traded their infield to Detroit for Denny McLain. I could not believe it. I had thought that jerk was in my rearview. Then that next summer, Bob Short moved them to Arlington - some solace in that, I guess.

I am starting to get the idea that it is personal between youse guys and me.

And - yes. After that long-ago gem, the DC club will always be the Senators to me. Deal with it.

:D :D

Jim Koepke
01-21-2015, 3:02 AM
Well at least it comforts me a little to know my old home team, SF Giants, weren't the only team making trades that stunk to the four winds.

jtk

mike mcilroy
01-22-2015, 6:10 PM
As an Indians fan the only good deals I ever see is when someone in the division loses a good player so we don't have to face them. Nice to not have to watch him against the Tribe this year. Now if they would just deal Vmart too.

Kent A Bathurst
01-23-2015, 3:33 PM
As an Indians fan the only good deals I ever see is when someone in the division loses a good player so we don't have to face them. Nice to not have to watch him against the Tribe this year. Now if they would just deal Vmart too.

Keep your hands of of both Marts - V and J.D. If we can't out-pitch 'em this year, we're gonna have to out-hit 'em.

And maybe play a little more of what the rest of the league knows as "defense" - Wizard Iglesias is back - that should help - last season felt like calling the Tigers' shortstop "Sargeant" - as in E6. And, say, maybe not lose playoff games in the 8th out of the 'pen.