PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks comeback

Shawn Pixley
01-18-2015, 7:26 PM
I thought the Seahawks were toast needing two touchdowns with 5 minutes to go. I had be watching on and off while finish was drying in the shop. I was going to turn off the TV but LOML said to leave it on. The beast got going and then the onside kick. Unbelievable. The Seahawks were pretty bad when I lived there. Considering how bad they looked offensively and defensively for 55 minutes, it seemed so improbable.

Congratulations to the Packers and their fans. It was a near thing.

Jim Koepke
01-18-2015, 7:34 PM
Shawn, You must be too young to remember the Heidi Bowl:

Heidi Bowl was an American football game played on November 17, 1968. The home team, the Oakland Raiders, defeated the New York Jets, 43–32. The game is remembered for its exciting finish, as Oakland scored two touchdowns in the final minute to overcome a 32–29 New York lead. It came to be known as the Heidi Game because the NBC Television Network controversially broke away from the game, with the Jets still winning, to air the 1968 television film Heidi at 7 p.m. in the Eastern Time Zone.

That taught a lot of us older folks it ain't over until it is all over.

jtk

Ralph Butts
01-18-2015, 7:49 PM
It aint over until the fat lady sings. Those two red zones stands will be the topic of all the arm chair quarterbacks tomorrow. What a great game. Hats off to Capers for a great defensive game plan. As a local I will say that the Hawks do have something special going with the group of players, coaches and management. Go Hawks!!

Pat Barry
01-18-2015, 10:18 PM
Good comeback by the Seahawks, particularly Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson. Heartbreaker for the Packer fans.

Doug Ladendorf
01-18-2015, 10:22 PM
It was a very good game and exciting to watch for those with no skin in the game. Too bad the second game couldn't have been closer.

julian abram
01-18-2015, 10:48 PM
Reckon GB 86 that flubbed that onside kick will be back as a Packer next season? Bet he will be thinking about that play for several the next several months!

Jebediah Eckert
01-18-2015, 11:11 PM
Crazy game for sure. Go Patriots!!

Judson Green
01-18-2015, 11:14 PM
Yeah it was a crazy game. Sad day here in packer land.

Chris Padilla
01-19-2015, 12:45 AM
Ugh. Patriots vs. Seahawks in the Super Bowl. Is there a way for them to both lose?

Signed, A diehard Bronco Fan....

:)

Shawn Pixley
01-19-2015, 12:47 AM
Maybe so. My family did not have a TV until I was 12. So I missed the Heidi episode. Mea culpa!

Jim Koepke
01-19-2015, 2:36 AM
I do not watch a lot of football, but the last time I recall seeing a kick-sneak play was with a quarterback named Jim Zorn.

I used to watch more football when I was young.

jtk

Mike Cutler
01-19-2015, 7:35 AM
Reckon GB 86 that flubbed that onside kick will be back as a Packer next season? Bet he will be thinking about that play for several the next several months!

Yeah, that was a heartbreaker play for GB fans. I had to explain to my wife why it was such a big deal at that time.
She said you can't blame the game on one play, or player.
I told her to ask Red Sox fans what they thought of Bill Buckner, and it's been almost thirty years.

That leg of Aaron Rogers has to be giving everybody in the Packers organization a reason to worry.

Jason Roehl
01-19-2015, 8:31 AM
Packers D lost.

Curt Harms
01-19-2015, 9:36 AM
Packers D lost.

True, but the strength of the Packers is their O, just as the strength of the Seahawks is their D. If the Packers had gotten 7 instead of 3 even once earlier in the game the last 5 minutes would likely have been irrelevant. Woulda Coulda Shoulda.

Bert Kemp
01-19-2015, 10:25 AM
go pats!!:d

David Helm
01-19-2015, 2:32 PM
Seahawks D won the first three quarters, mostly keeping GB out of the end zone. Fourth quarter both the D and the O showed up. I was nervous but never lost hope. Hawks are a great finishing team. And how about Richard Sherman playing with a useless left arm and still being tough?!

Gordon Eyre
01-19-2015, 3:24 PM
I almost broke away from the game at the four minute mark but glad i didn't. What an improbable finish by the Seahawks and a colapse by the Packers. wow! Richard Sherman was in lots of pain but hung in until it was over. Much credit to the Seahawks for not giving up.

Bill McNiel
01-19-2015, 9:29 PM
OK, I'll come clean. I am a huge Seahawk fan, have been since 1979, the year before we moved to the Seattle area. I am also an equally hardcore SC supporter. I can't remember when I missed a minute of a Hawks or Trojan game and I record all the games so I can replay them at my leasure. The Hawks are now and have been a quality organization throughout their existance. It is truly gratifying to see them become so successful with Pete at the helm.