PDA

View Full Version : what's with all the junk transfers

Harry Robinette
01-18-2015, 6:27 PM
I get non stop junk under the words Post New Thread from, sex photos wonted to glasy lips ,body art diary and my computer has never had this and it has Norto360 thats been running forever with no problems.
Any one else.
I can even read the forum for 20 min tell it finally slows down.

Robert Henrickson
01-18-2015, 6:33 PM
As was said on another forum, you have a bad case of malware and/or computer viruses, antivirus software notwithstanding. I have seen none of what you describe here or on the other forum.

John Keeton
01-18-2015, 6:49 PM
Harry, I have no doubt the problem is on your computer. Perhaps it is time to switch antivirus programs.

Roger Chandler
01-18-2015, 6:58 PM
no problem on my computer or ipad......have used both today on this forum and WoW.......I run Malwarebytes anti-virus and malware protection.

Shawn Pachlhofer
01-18-2015, 7:28 PM
you've got a malware infection

Dan Hintz
01-18-2015, 8:03 PM
You're infected Harry, plain and simple. Just last week I spent several hours disinfecting my child's laptop... lots of coupon sites. Even opening Firefox for the first time took anywhere from 15-30 seconds, mostly because the programs wanted to connect to their sites first before allowing any further browsing.

Install Spybot Search & Destroy and immunize your system (don't enable the Tea Timer... it's useless and has a bad habit of itself slowing the system down). Then, run AdwCleaner and let it clean up the services that are likely running in the background. It caught at least one that I missed when I hand-surfed the running services.

Thom Sturgill
01-18-2015, 8:29 PM
+1 on Dan's comments. As a (now retired) PC tech and network admin, I have not recommended Norton for years. 'Course I don't recommend Microsoft either.

Dan Hintz
01-19-2015, 6:59 AM
I'll also add... I was surprised by the number of Firefox add-ons that were junk. I would have thought they would try to hide themselves better. That said, even if you remove the add-ons from inside of Firefox, the semi-hidden service running in the background will just reload most of them, so you need to get rid of the services first.