PDA

View Full Version : Lasercut 5.3 help

Bert Kemp
01-18-2015, 10:39 AM
I have a circle which is vector cut line in the center I have a bitmap engrave. when I import to lasercut it tells me that the bitmap can only be engraved and the bitmap color is not in the box at right just the vector colors.
So I went back and loaded just the bmp and that loaded ok problem was I could tell that when I went back and loaded the vector the bitmap was not going to be centered in the circle to cut out. How to I get them to both show up in lasercut?

Bert Kemp
01-18-2015, 6:32 PM
Did I ask this wrong or not give enough info.
I converted the original to a bmp so I could put background fill in so I could raster the background out and have a raised image. Lasercut does not recognize the vector and raster in the same lasercut box. I can load the bit map or I can load the vector but they won't go in together so I can raster and cut all in one motion. If I just load the bmp and raster that then load the vector they are not lined up in the right places.:confused:

Bill George
01-18-2015, 7:09 PM
My program is like yours but different. If you make the vector a red hairline or close it will see as a vector and the rest as a engraving or raster file. Mine will also raster or engrave the other part, without it being a BMP. But LaserCut sees both as different files to process. Can you post the file as a Corel X6 or whatever you have? If I did a file like your describing it will do one or the other first depending on how you order in the LaserCut area.

Rich Harman
01-18-2015, 8:50 PM
I have a circle which is vector cut line in the center I have a bitmap engrave. when I import to lasercut it tells me that the bitmap can only be engraved and the bitmap color is not in the box at right just the vector colors.

Does the vector disappear when you import the bmp? Could it be that the bmp is covering up the vector?

Rich Harman
01-18-2015, 8:52 PM
Did I ask this wrong or not give enough info.
I converted the original to a bmp so I could put background fill in so I could raster the background out and have a raised image.

In LaserWorks if I were to have a vector within a vector it would raster the space between the two vectors - sounds like that is just what you want. For example if you had just a capital "A" the triangle in the middle is recognized by the software as a place not to raster.

Bert Kemp
01-18-2015, 10:02 PM
in order for it to do what I want I somehow have to make the bit map a vector again, then it will raster and cut in the same file go Pats

Bert Kemp
01-19-2015, 11:28 AM
Yes if I import them together the center raster bmp cover most of the vector

Does the vector disappear when you import the bmp? Could it be that the bmp is covering up the vector?

Bill George
01-19-2015, 11:55 AM
You just can't Export as a DXF file?

Dave Sheldrake
01-19-2015, 12:22 PM
BMP's have no grips Bill (Vector is point to point), if you export it will create a zero size file in DXF format.

Bill George
01-19-2015, 1:08 PM
BMP's have no grips Bill (Vector is point to point), if you export it will create a zero size file in DXF format.
When I am done working in Corel X6, I Save then depending on what I did, I either Export as a BMP or Export as a DXF. The DXF is just the outline of the letters or shape drawn, or it can be filled. I can then Import into the laser program, Pick the DXF outline and do as a Cut (vector). My program might be different than LaserCut 5.3 but I was assuming most of these Chinese laser programs are pretty much the same?

I have LaserCad 6.88 on my computer and I can do the exact same thing as above.

Bert Kemp
01-19-2015, 4:29 PM
Dave do you know how I fix it?:)