PDA

View Full Version : Finished coffe table!

RichMagnone
07-24-2005, 3:49 PM
I've been working for a few weeks on a coffee table that has the look of being made out of 2 x 4's (there are a few in there). I had great results with a newly worked up miter saw station including the Kreg miter saw fence/stop system. All screws are either on the bottom or on the inside. You may be able to see a few Miller Dowels on the outside. The table is finished with a few coats of Light Brown Briwax. The last PIC is the side table that inspired the design - it is a bit deeper brown and I suppose the first thing I will do on the way home from work on Monday is stop over at woodcraft and pick up some "golden oak" Briwax for the final coat.

Corey Hallagan
07-24-2005, 6:22 PM
Nice work Rich. Nice looking piece. If figured that would go into the cabin!!

Corey

RichMagnone
07-24-2005, 7:31 PM
Good call Corey. Actually, the piece that it replaced (a big "chest" that doubles as a coffee table) went to the cabin and left a big void in the middle of the room. I had no choice but to fill it with homespun work or else SWMBO would demand a trip to the furniture store! Since the piece that remained didn't look all that hard, I figured I would give it a shot. I think pine, while not viewed as the "coolest" wood, works well with "shabby chic" style.

Gail O'Rourke
07-25-2005, 7:29 AM
Rich, I love it..it looks very much like the This End Up line of furniture.

Great job.

Bill Arnold
07-25-2005, 8:03 AM
Rich,

Very nicely done! I really like the rustic look.

Regards,

Donnie Raines
07-25-2005, 8:58 AM
I enjoy the look of that table.