PDA

View Full Version : Excited, purchased the deal of my life!

Clark Pace
01-17-2015, 11:35 AM
A close out kind of place had a 44" hp printer they were selling for $200. I purchased it, and so far it's been amazing. Cross my fingers. It's a nice one too. The Z2100.

I have printed on canvas and color photo paper so far on a roll. I just ordered some back lit material.

My hope is to combine the to machine. That is mount the printer media on the acrylic, laser cut sign shapes. The paper is laser compatible.

I have done a few tests with regular photo paper, and the results are good so far. I'll post a few pics when it the back lit material comes in.

Braden Todd
01-17-2015, 11:44 AM
Congrats! I always love a good find. I'll be interested to hear how the mounting goes for you, something I've always wanted to try but never figured out.
Have fun!!

Ross Moshinsky
01-17-2015, 1:06 PM
Congrats! I always love a good find. I'll be interested to hear how the mounting goes for you, something I've always wanted to try but never figured out.
Have fun!!

Low tech:

Laminate print out on to your material with a rectangular bounding box. Throw it on a saw and make cuts on your bounding box. Cutting everything straight and exactly on the lines is the key to the whole project. Now you can load your material into your laser and you know everything is square. Then cut on laser.

The other option is to very carefully laminate your print out on a pre-cut piece of material. Assuming you lay it down correctly/perfectly, you should be able to throw it right on the laser.

If you do this work every day, you buy an eye for your laser and then life becomes much simpler.