PDA

View Full Version : Ahh Back from Vacation

Scott Coffelt
07-24-2005, 2:12 PM
Well I just got back from a wonderful week in Myrtle Beach, SC. My parents had their 50th anniversary this year so the three kids decided to take them on a nice family vacation. We rented two condos in Surfside. Weather was real nice and I got to chase the white ball around three times. Beautiful country, but muggy as all get out. Plus them pesty skeeters are everywhere. My legs got attacked. My son got to play in the ocean for the first time, last trip to a coast he refused to get in. Was quite fun, had a couple of shark warnings as they spotted a 6 footer about 1/4 mile away and large packs fish.

Anyways, back to the grind this week.

Randy Moore
07-24-2005, 2:30 PM
Scott,

Glad that you had a good time. The oceans are a lot of fun to visit but I am quite happy being land locked here in flat, HA HA HA, Kansas. Hope everyone, including your folks, had a good time.

I would like to see a shark in the wild as long as it can't get to me--CHICKEN? YES!

Thought that maybe you had gave upWWing and did not say a word to anyone.:eek: Did you get any pictures while you was on the east coast?

Glad you are back.

Von Bickley
07-24-2005, 11:48 PM
Scott,
Glad to hear you had a good time at Surfside. Six of us went shark fishing in 1996 and went out from Little River. We caught 19 sharks that ranged in weight from 30 lbs. to 100 lbs. When you hook a 100 lb. shark, you know you have something. At 100 lbs., you shoot them before you throw them in the boat.
All of these were caught off the coast of Cherry Grove, about 20 miles north of Surfside and in sight of people swimming in the ocean. :)