PDA

View Full Version : Starting a new adventure

Jim Rimmer
01-16-2015, 5:21 PM
After 35 1/2 years with the same company, on Feb. 1, I am going to retire. I have a lot on my list that I want to do. As I have told some friends, I may not do everything I hope to do, but I'm not going to sit in the house and watch Gunsmoke all day.

Trips to take (and some will be by train), woodworking projects to build, golf to be played and children and grandchildren to visit.

Myk Rian
01-16-2015, 5:52 PM
We've taken several train trips. Real nice way to travel.
We also are very active in our senior center, and have made many new friends there.

Wayne Lovell
01-16-2015, 6:00 PM
After being gone from Houston Looting & Plunder for almost 20 years one thing I can tell you is that you will never figure out how you managed to fit you job into your life for all those years. ENJOY

Ken Fitzgerald
01-16-2015, 6:41 PM
Congratulations Jim! We retired 4 years ago. We have managed to stay busy and enjoy retirement. And yet.....as Wayne said......there are times when you wonder how you ever had time to work.

Jerry Thompson
01-16-2015, 7:33 PM
Being retired I miss my days off.:p

Jim Koepke
01-16-2015, 10:32 PM
I'm not going to sit in the house and watch Gunsmoke all day.

What, I didn't know that was an option. What station is it on?

Being retired I miss my days off.

Me too.

Congratulations Jim, keep busy and live long.

I have known too many people who retired, went home and decided to relax for the first month or so and didn't make it any longer than that.

Let every day be a blessing and it will seem that way.

jtk

Chris Parks
01-16-2015, 10:47 PM
Every morning is a Sunday, enjoy it and rub it in to those who still work.

Bruce Page
01-16-2015, 10:49 PM
Jim, a huge congrats to you! You will enjoy it immensely. Last Dec 31st makes 4 years for me, 2½ for LOML. There is no way we could rejoin the rat race.

Jay Jolliffe
01-17-2015, 6:34 AM
What's retirement...The day I retire is the day I die...Didn't plan for the future....

Frederick Skelly
01-17-2015, 7:33 AM
Congratulations Jim!
Fred

Bill Huber
01-17-2015, 9:27 AM
Congratulations Jim !!!!

Now some things you really need, a good calendar, it is hard to keep up with what day of the week it is.
A Texas travel book from the state, there are tons of things to do here in Texas and the book shows them by area.
A good watch so you know what time it is and when to go eat lunch.
Good pair of walking shoes, you now have the time to go for a good walk now and then.

Enjoy it, I know I do and have now for the last year and a half.

Bert Kemp
01-18-2015, 1:06 AM
Ain't that the truth!! :D

Being retired I miss my days off.:p

Shawn Pixley
01-18-2015, 11:28 AM
Congratulations!

Bill McNiel
01-18-2015, 1:24 PM
A good friend of mine confided that "The best part of retirement is Sunday night". Ever since the 6th Grade, Sunday night has been frought with anxiety or fear with the inpending doom of Monday (assignments due, return to work, etc.).

Bruce Page
01-18-2015, 2:17 PM
A good friend of mine confided that "The best part of retirement is Sunday night". Ever since the 6th Grade, Sunday night has been frought with anxiety or fear with the inpending doom of Monday (assignments due, return to work, etc.).
On the flip side, I like to say When you're retired Every day is Saturday. Saturday was the day we always looked forward to.