PDA

View Full Version : Charging Mobile Devices

Jim Koepke
01-16-2015, 2:14 PM
I do not have any of these things other than an iPod and a Camera. Though I do know others carry technology with them all the time.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/eliseackerman/2014/12/19/will-rapid-charging-damage-your-iphone-6-or-6-plus/

Now if there was a super cell phone jammer that could sit on the bumper of my car to use when texting people step off the curb without looking...

jtk

Frederick Skelly
01-16-2015, 8:13 PM
Now if there was a super cell phone jammer that could sit on the bumper of my car to use when texting people step off the curb without looking...

jtk

A cell phone jammer would be valuable. But a device that causes those REALLY loud car stereos (the thumpa thumpa thumpa kind - dont know what theyre called) to short themselves out, would be PRICELESS.

Yeah, I know - "if its too loud youre too old". Im not, but man I HATE those things. Its like they do it on purpose to irritate folks around them. Ok, rant over. We now return to our OP's actual point. (Sorry Jim.)
-Fred

Jim Koepke
01-16-2015, 9:36 PM
I HATE those things. Its like they do it on purpose to irritate folks around them. Ok, rant over. We now return to our OP's actual point. (Sorry Jim.)

Hey, I hate them two. That is part of the reason we moved out to the sticks.

There is a thing called EMP (Electro Magnetic Pulse) that will take them out. Getting one portable that would fit in a lunch box and could be aimed is the real need. It would likely also take out a cell phone in its path.

I want one.

jtk

Frederick Skelly
01-16-2015, 9:53 PM
Hey, I hate them two. That is part of the reason we moved out to the sticks.

There is a thing called EMP (Electro Magnetic Pulse) that will take them out. Getting one portable that would fit in a lunch box and could be aimed is the real need. It would likely also take out a cell phone in its path.

I want one.

jtk

Ive read that EMPs can screw up lots of electronics. I bet youd have to shield your own car or youd goof yourself over in addition to the kid's noisy stereo. Too bad, huh? Maybe some clever engineer will read this post and build us something else that would work though! ;)

Brian Elfert
01-17-2015, 11:58 AM
A cell phone jammer isn't going to stop a pedestrian from composing a text and trying to send it. They won't find out the signal is jammed until they hit send. I work in a busy downtown area and have very few issues with distracted pedestrians getting in my way. Bicyclists blowing through red lights and stop signs is a way bigger issue. (I always assume an bicyclist is not going to stop and nine times out of ten I am correct. They only stop if they can't find a way through opposing traffic.)