PDA

View Full Version : Way To Go Lance!!!!

Jim O'Dell
07-24-2005, 1:40 PM
No one has posted here. I watched the final stage before venturing out to unpack the van from the 4 day trip to Houston for the dog shows. What an impressive athlete!! What's more, what an impressive human being. I look forward to what he tackles next, he's sure to be a winner. I'm also excited to see what role he and his foundation have in fighting and finding a cure for cancer. Stay tuned in for the next phase in Lance's life. I'm betting it will touch all of us! AGAIN!!!!! Jim.

Carl Eyman
07-24-2005, 1:51 PM
Amen, Amen, & Amen

Lee DeRaud
07-24-2005, 2:14 PM
Stay tuned in for the next phase in Lance's life.Heard a rumor this morning that "the next phase" may be running for governor of Texas. If nothing else, campaign debates involving Lance and Kinky Friedman should be highly entertaining. :D :cool:

Jim O'Dell
07-24-2005, 6:45 PM
Heard a rumor this morning that "the next phase" may be running for governor of Texas. If nothing else, campaign debates involving Lance and Kinky Friedman should be highly entertaining. :D :cool:

That's funny, 'cause in one of the interviews I saw with Lance today they asked him about running for political office, and while he ended with that he wouldn't rule it out, but it wasn't high on his "to do" list, he started out with making comparisons of being a hard core athlete having the drive to do something, and with politicians having that same drive. This is my paraphrase of what was said, not the actual wording from Lance. So I wouldn't be surprised. Don't know any of his background in this area, but I would suspect that he would be a champion of the common man. Jim

Rob Russell
07-24-2005, 8:38 PM
Lance's retirement is definitely the end of an era. I watched the final stage show on CBS today - would have watched all the stages if we could get OLN.

One good thing Lance did was spark interest in cycling.

Now if we could just get drivers to understand that cyclists are pretty vulnerable out there. I will say that some cyclists are pretty blatant about blowing through some intersections that they shouldn't and that could tick some folks off. I say that as a roadie.

Keith Outten
07-24-2005, 8:50 PM
Truly the Worlds finest ahtlete.

Mike Cutler
07-24-2005, 9:59 PM
It truly is the end of an era. 7 TDF's in a row. I wouldn't worry too much though, there are a lot of talented American cyclists both here and in Europe.
We have a few guys that are legitimate tour contenders. Leipheimer, Landis and Danielson, and Tyler if things work out in his WADA case.
It would be nice to see Lance continue though, 33 seems like such a young age to hang up the bike. Good luck to him no matter what.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-24-2005, 11:05 PM
Our Tyler .......the Tour de France? :confused:

Chris Padilla
07-25-2005, 1:49 AM
Awesome...just awesome....

Mike Cutler
07-25-2005, 5:56 AM
Our Tyler .......the Tour de France? :confused:

Well maybe not Our Tyler, but Tyler Hamilton from Marblehead Mass.

Rob Bourgeois
07-25-2005, 11:39 AM
Great inspiration to cancer patients...My mom was really motivated and inspired by his first win. She was going through chemo at the time and she said it helped to know that she could recover to be a normal person one day. She has been cancer free for 7 years.

I have watched almost every stage since getting OLN a few years ago. Those guys are amazing in what they can do. My car has trouble going up 8%-10% grades that these guys peddle up. :eek: