PDA

View Full Version : Power feeder went south this morning

Jim Hager
07-24-2005, 1:20 PM
My 1/4hp Delta power feeder went down this morning. I accidentally left it on after running a bunch of pieces for raised panel doors. I smelled something about 1 1/2 hours later and found my power feeder, running sluggishly, too hot to touch, smelling like burned electrical stuff and when I touched the feed wheels it stopped dead in it's tracks. :mad: I've got it turned off to cool but I have a feeling that the smoke got let out of it while I wasn't looking. :eek:

Do I replace it or order a motor for it?? The unit is in pretty good shape otherwise.:rolleyes:

John Miliunas
07-24-2005, 1:48 PM
'Spose you can't stuff the smoke back in there, huh?:rolleyes: IMHO, I would check to see what a replacement motor would cost first. You may want to touch base with John Weber before going to Delta. I know he has a LOT of Delta stuff, though I believe much of it is for vintage equipment, you never know...:) Good luck!:) :cool:

Michael Perata
07-24-2005, 4:54 PM
Jim

I have the Delta 36-850 and it has done yeoman duty for me. I would try to fix it.

With that said, if I were buying from scratch, I would opt for a 1 HP unit from someone, probably another Delta, but wishing for a Steff/Maggi