PDA

View Full Version : cermark for glass

tony mazzone
01-15-2015, 11:31 PM
I just tried white Cermark for glass for the first time. I have an epilog 45 TT. I sprayed it on and lasered it at 100 speed 32 power. It wiped off with barely a mark. I went down to 25 and increased my power all the way up to 60 with the same result. Has anyone had good results with this. The instructions say don't dilute. Does anyone dilute with dentured alcohol?

Dee Gallo
01-15-2015, 11:48 PM
I think you have your settings backwards. I have always used Cermark at 100 power and low speed depending on what the substrate is. The solution should be like cream, but sprayed on very lightly and evenly.

Ruben Salcedo
01-16-2015, 12:51 PM
Dee,

I've not used this glass product, but I think that it should be use with a minimal power so you don't engraved the glass, only mark it, otherwise what is the point of it?.

greg lindsey
01-16-2015, 1:56 PM
I purchased some green, red and yellow cermark for glass as well as a can of black, my opinion is that it's too hard to get the settings dialed in. I went through a case of glasses trying to get it perfected without really getting what I was looking for. I think I tried just about every setting I could and it was just too inconsistent from glass to glass. Some looked great and some not so much. If you could find the magic settings it would look good, but how many glasses do you want to burn through to get it right. I would be worried if they had been a customers product, the one's I did I bought just to try this stuff out.

Dee Gallo
01-16-2015, 1:59 PM
Okay, I just got out my Usage Instruction Sheet sent to me by Ferro for Cermark LMC. For GLASS, they say 35w: 20 power, 10 speed, 500 dpi. For 50w: 18 power, 8 speed, 500 dpi. So the speed is definitely lower than the power, just not as much power as I have used on metal.

Also, for the record, they state that they recommend thinning with water, 10 to 1 as a starting point. I have always used water even though everyone says to use alcohol. And air dry 5-10 minutes or use a hair dryer to speed it up.

Hope this helps, dee

tony mazzone
01-16-2015, 9:07 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice