PDA

View Full Version : Fixing a Dust Collector part

Brian Kent
01-15-2015, 8:28 PM
This is a Delta 50-760 Dust Collector. The base for the bag support rod has bent over the years.

I went to Delta Parts to replace the little support piece. (Haha, just kidding, there are no such thing as Delta Parts!)

Since I can't replace the original, what kind of fix would you recommend. I have no metal working equipment.

Thanks.

Bruce Wrenn
01-15-2015, 8:58 PM
Take it loose from machine, and practice your blacksmithing skills. Beat it back into shape using a hammer. Or you could replace bolt holding bracket with a piece of threaded rod and a couple nuts and washers. You could do same thing on other side of DC, and have two supports for upper bag.

Steve Wurster
01-16-2015, 10:29 AM
Not exactly the answer you are looking for, but I would recommend replacing the bag with a Wynn filter.

glenn bradley
01-16-2015, 12:05 PM
Not sure if you're mobile or not but, I suspend my non-mobile one from a roof rafter with a bungee.

Charles Li
01-19-2015, 12:21 AM
Not sure if you're mobile or not but, I suspend my non-mobile one from a roof rafter with a bungee.

ooh nice tip!

Jamie Buxton
01-19-2015, 1:01 AM
Don't think "metal". Think "wood". The factories that produce woodworking equipment are largely metal factories, so they make parts with metal because that's what they're good at. But the parts don't all have to be metal. Your support bracket could easily be made from wood. You, as you say, have no metal working equipment. But you have a whole bunch of woodworking equipment and knowledge. Use that.

mike mcilroy
01-19-2015, 1:02 AM
After taking it off and hammering back to shape try finding a long bolt of the same thread as the existing one so you could bolt a piece of 2x4 on edge and strap, or u-bolt the support rod to that to prevent another bend.

John Donhowe
01-19-2015, 11:44 AM
Looks like there still might be one you can buy: http://www.ereplacementparts.com/delta-50760-type-air-collector-dust-management-parts-c-3275_4081_4105.html