PDA

View Full Version : Trotec nose cones

Kristian Matz
01-15-2015, 3:50 PM
I am engraving and cutting reverse engrave acrylic material and I am getting a lot of build up on the nose cone. Is this normal? The attached picture is after 1 10x16" plate. Air assist is on.

Also the machine came with 2 nose cones, one with a large opening and one with a small opening. How do I know when I should one or the other?

Scott Shepherd
01-15-2015, 4:00 PM
I wouldn't be engraving with the nose cone on and air on, it makes a mess and blows the debris back into the engraving. We only use the air when vector cutting, then we put the nose cone on for that.

That small hole one should be used for the 1.5" and 2" lens, and maybe the 2.5". The large one, maybe use for the 4", although it's not really doing anything when the lens is 4" away from the work.

Kristian Matz
01-15-2015, 4:09 PM
So you run the engraving with the nose cone off, then put the nose cone on to cut out the plate? Our process for the reverse engraved paint filled plates has been to engrave, cut, wash, paint.

I wouldn't be engraving with the nose cone on and air on, it makes a mess and blows the debris back into the engraving. We only use the air when vector cutting, then we put the nose cone on for that.

That small hole one should be used for the 1.5" and 2" lens, and maybe the 2.5". The large one, maybe use for the 4", although it's not really doing anything when the lens is 4" away from the work.

Scott Shepherd
01-15-2015, 4:19 PM
Yes, that's what we do. We would go into the material settings and select "Skip" for the cutting, run the engraving, go into the material setting, select "Cut" for the cut, and "Skip" for the engraving. That's what we do, your mileage may vary.