PDA

View Full Version : Sharpening Service in Seattle Area

Brian Tax
01-14-2015, 4:05 PM
Any recommendations for carbide blade and bit sharpening in the Seattle area, preference would be in the north end.

Thanks for the info.

David Helm
01-14-2015, 7:02 PM
How far North are you willing to go. I've been using Bob's Super Saw in Bellingham for forty years. They do an excellent job and are reasonably priced.

John C Bush
01-14-2015, 7:54 PM
Hi Brian, I use Emerald Tools, Inc 6332 6th Av S 206 767 5670. Good service and just a couple blocks south of Woodcrafters.

Brian Tax
01-14-2015, 10:27 PM
North end like Lake Forrest Park, so Bellingham a bit out of the way :). I will check out Emerald Tools.

david minnery
01-14-2015, 11:37 PM
I've heard good things about Emerald. East side saw in Bellevue is another option, but it will cost twice as much.
I send my blades to my main supplier in California.

Dave Cav
01-15-2015, 1:22 AM
I have been using Eastside for about ten years. I don't know about the "twice as much part" but they are the main commercial and industrial sharpening service in the Seattle area and they can sharpen anything. Their work on carbide saw blades is beautiful.

glenn bradley
01-15-2015, 8:25 AM
If you reach a point where you need to ship, Snook's Saw (http://www.snookssaw.com/) is south of you and does beautiful work.

Tom Walz
01-15-2015, 12:15 PM
I know the companies mentioned and do business with all of them. I have no problem recommending any or all of them.

I would be surprised if one was twice as expensive as another given identical blades in identical condition. If a blade needs hammering or teeth replaced it typically adds to the cost.

I do not mean to argue with Mr. Minnery. I just know that these folks are in a highly competitive business. It might have been a pricing mistake.

You know you can call any of these folks with questions or problems. They all run very reputable businesses and are very concerned with customer satisfaction.

Just my $0.02

Tom

J.R. Rutter
01-15-2015, 2:20 PM
I have been using Eastside for about ten years. I don't know about the "twice as much part" but they are the main commercial and industrial sharpening service in the Seattle area and they can sharpen anything. Their work on carbide saw blades is beautiful.

Good to know that they do a good job for someone. There used to be a rep who called on me and shuttled blades back and forth. But I went back to Bob's locally after a couple of issues with them, like forgetting to grind down anti kick-back fingers and grinding the heck out of a Forrest blade (it was almost 1/4" smaller diameter when it came back). Maybe someone was on vacation...

Lietz sharpens in Seattle area as well.