PDA

View Full Version : Even the Greats Can Have a Bad Day

Jim Koepke
01-14-2015, 2:56 PM
Uncle John's Bathroom reader has many a short story to help the time pass. One such was about a bit of bad luck for Walt Disney's promotion of Pinocchio in 1940:

For the premiere of Pinocchio Walt hired 11 midgets, dressed them up like the little puppet and put them on top of Radio City Music Hall in New York with a full day's supply of food and wine. The idea was they would wave hello to the little children entering into the theater. By the middle of the hot afternoon, there were 11 drunken naked midgets running around the top of the marquee, screaming obscenities at the crowd below. The most embarrassed people were the police who had to climb up ladders and take the little fellows off in pillowcases.

So just remember this on a day when you are having a set back.

http://www.hollywoodstories.com/pages/disney/d3.html

jtk

Bruce Page
01-14-2015, 5:27 PM
That's an interesting website.

Frederick Skelly
01-14-2015, 9:18 PM
Uncle John's Bathroom reader has many a short story to help the time pass. One such was about a bit of bad luck for Walt Disney's promotion of Pinocchio in 1940:

For the premiere of Pinocchio Walt hired 11 midgets, dressed them up like the little puppet and put them on top of Radio City Music Hall in New York with a full day's supply of food and wine. The idea was they would wave hello to the little children entering into the theater. By the middle of the hot afternoon, there were 11 drunken naked midgets running around the top of the marquee, screaming obscenities at the crowd below. The most embarrassed people were the police who had to climb up ladders and take the little fellows off in pillowcases.

So just remember this on a day when you are having a set back.

http://www.hollywoodstories.com/pages/disney/d3.html

jtk

Jim, I laughed my tail off at this one. And tonight, I NEEDED a good laugh. Thank you.
Fred

Jim Koepke
01-15-2015, 3:06 AM
Jim, I laughed my tail off at this one. And tonight, I NEEDED a good laugh. Thank you.
Fred

You are welcome.

Your tag line from Paul Cottingham, "You need as many as you own. Until you find another. Then you need it too." Applies to laughs as well.

We all need all the laughs we can own and when we find another, we need that laugh too. The good thing is the more we share them and spread them around, the more they will come our way.

jtk

Frederick Skelly
01-15-2015, 7:32 AM
You are welcome.

Your tag line from Paul Cottingham, "You need as many as you own. Until you find another. Then you need it too." Applies to laughs as well.

We all need all the laughs we can own and when we find another, we need that laugh too. The good thing is the more we share them and spread them around, the more they will come our way.

jtk

Quite right Sir!
Fred