PDA

View Full Version : Best 60w Glass Tube 7 P.S. to buy?

Steve Van Kley
01-14-2015, 2:28 PM
Hi all,

I have a Shenhui 60w CO2 laser and I've had a problem with the tube that I can't seem to find a solution to...even on this forum. I posted it here (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?226038-60w-Laser-Tube-strange-internal-arcing), and with Youtube video here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQub7BXF7JI).

So it looks like I may have to get another tube (and a matching power supply), so I was wondering your thoughts on if I should go with RECI or which other brand?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Bill George
01-14-2015, 3:47 PM
RECI does not make a 60 watt tube as far as I know. I buy stuff from either LightObject dot com, (a new tube from them), or Automation Technologies (a machine) an advertiser here. Ray Scott at Rabbit Laser USA also carries parts.

Dave Sheldrake
01-14-2015, 4:20 PM
EFR do a 60 watt narrow body tube, very good quality and a reasonable price too.

Steve Van Kley
01-15-2015, 11:34 AM
Thanks so much for the guidance.
Bill, I think RECI's 80W tube is adjustable through the power supply to 60w...I think?
Dave, I looked at EFR- but only the Alibaba site came up, and stupid me, I can't find the pricing. Anyway, which series do you have experience with of the 4?

Thanks again!

Bill George
01-15-2015, 1:08 PM
Steve all PS are adjustable in some way, but its the dot size, length of the tube and which PS to buy. Also I as I understand it the 80 watt minimum output (firing) wattage can not be turned down as low as a 60 for jobs that require very low power.
I tried to find price and where to buy info on the EFR tubes and like you came up with nothing.

Bert Kemp
01-15-2015, 2:23 PM
Got this from EFR this morning,
We making normal type for 60Watt, 3000 hours working life, 4 months warranty.
CL1200, Length 1250mm, dia 55mm, Price: 160USD/pc EXW Beijing

Steve Van Kley
01-17-2015, 8:55 PM
Bert, thanks for the info. Is there a way to contact them? How would I go about purchasing one?

Steve Van Kley
01-17-2015, 8:57 PM
In reference to this, how do I go about finding someone, not through email, but actually call to to talk to them for a bit to find out what I actually need?

Bill George
01-17-2015, 9:14 PM
It would be making a call to China mainland. I read the email as we make ordinary (normal) 60 watt tube not the EFR. I could not find a US vender, maybe Dave has a source he will share?

Ray Scott
01-17-2015, 9:22 PM
Steve all PS are adjustable in some way, but its the dot size, length of the tube and which PS to buy. Also I as I understand it the 80 watt minimum output (firing) wattage can not be turned down as low as a 60 for jobs that require very low power.
I tried to find price and where to buy info on the EFR tubes and like you came up with nothing.

it is normal that the 60 watt laser tubes can be turned down to a lower stable percentage. The lower percentage allows results in a much lower wattage than achievable through the 80 watt Reci. the typical 60 watt EFR also has a narrow beam and results in a smaller spots size... And narrow cutting beam. The 60 watt narrow beam has a much deeper depth of field for cutting thicker materials. The experience is that the 60 watt laser tubes normally last a long time.

final answer... If you are trying to use 4 to 30 watts .... You need to use the 60 watt tube.. Not the Reci.

Rich Harman
01-17-2015, 9:47 PM
the typical 60 watt EFR also has a narrow beam and results in a smaller spots size...

It is my understanding that larger diameter beams make for smaller spot sizes.

spot dia. (in mm) = 0.013 x M2 x f / D

Bill George
01-18-2015, 8:30 AM
My question what is a EFR tube and why they are better? So where does one buy an EFR tube, other than China direct?

Bert Kemp
01-18-2015, 10:31 AM
I believe EFR is a company in China that makes laser tubes. The tubes are a good price but sxh is outrageous to the USA

Dave Sheldrake
01-18-2015, 11:29 AM
My question what is a EFR tube and why they are better? So where does one buy an EFR tube, other than China direct?

I don't know who sells them stateside Bill but over here it's HPC in Halifax that do them. The stability and beam mode are second only to better RF units and as for life time!! I used a CL 80 watt for some 6 years before upgrading it and it was still providing 68 watts when I swapped it out. The ZX tubes are amazing, I have some of the 210 watt's and pricewise they are by far the best value and comparable to the lower end GSI units that cost 10x as much. Every glass tube machine I have now runs EFR tubes and PSU's

cheers

Dave