PDA

View Full Version : Mistake in log in - please correct if possible

Sam Murdoch
01-14-2015, 1:36 PM
I made a mistake once in my logging in that resulted in my name and password IN the same line.

Now every time I log in the default suggestion is the mistake version. I can't delete that option - wonder if you can.
It is a nuisance always having to pay careful attention to the log in otherwise I need to try 2 or 3 time to get it right.

Can ADMIN fix the default settings - delete them? Thank you.

Jackie Outten
01-14-2015, 2:08 PM
Sam

This is something you will have to fix on your end. You should be able to click in the log in box and make the correction and then save your username and password again. If you can't do that, you might also try deleting all your sawmillcreek.org cookies and log in again with the correct username and password.

Jackie Outten

Bruce Page
01-14-2015, 2:51 PM
Why not check the Remember Me box and stay logged in? I never log out.

John Huds0n
01-14-2015, 3:34 PM
I think your web browser is storing the wrong login name, not the forum

What browser are you using?

If it is Firefox, go to Tools > Options > Security > Saved Passwords and delete the entry for this forum

Sam Murdoch
01-14-2015, 6:11 PM
Sam

This is something you will have to fix on your end. You should be able to click in the log in box and make the correction and then save your username and password again. If you can't do that, you might also try deleting all your sawmillcreek.org cookies and log in again with the correct username and password.

Jackie Outten

Thanks Jackie I'll try that. The first option- though it seem like the naturals approach - has not worked.

As for staying logged in all the time - I mostly do but as I share this computer with my wife and between us we participate in multiple forums (me)/ social media (her) we regularly reset our browser (Safari) which clears out all the passwords. I like that we need to re-log in occasionally but it has become a nuisance here on the Creek with the problem I created for the log in.

Bruce Page
01-14-2015, 6:24 PM
I share the computer with my wife also. We use separate browsers, I use Firefox and she uses Chrome. It works for us.

Dan Hintz
01-15-2015, 6:43 AM
Sam,

If I'm understanding you correctly, when you start typing in your name you see a suggestion just below the box, correct? If so, and you're using Firefox, the easiest way is to click the down arrow until the (un)desired suggestion is highlighted, then press <delete>.

I have made that mistake once or twice, which is what sent me searching for the solution years ago. I do not recall if <delete> works on IE, but I seem to recall having to do something slightly different... that may have changed.

Sam Murdoch
01-15-2015, 7:46 AM
Sam,

If I'm understanding you correctly, when you start typing in your name you see a suggestion just below the box, correct? If so, and you're using Firefox, the easiest way is to click the down arrow until the (un)desired suggestion is highlighted, then press <delete>.

I have made that mistake once or twice, which is what sent me searching for the solution years ago. I do not recall if <delete> works on IE, but I seem to recall having to do something slightly different... that may have changed.

I've tried that several times and though it seems like a certain solution it does not work in my case. That's why I wrote here to Tech support. I still haven't found the magic key combo to eliminate the 2nd suggestion which has become the default choice of my browser. :confused: