PDA

View Full Version : Craftex CX201 10" Cabinet Saw 3HP Leeson Motor

Brye Goodspeed
01-14-2015, 11:06 AM
Gentlemen, I wanted to get some feedback on the Craftex CX201 10" Cabinet Saw.

Let me know your thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gh0ZPEbLVI

Harvey Miller
01-14-2015, 11:59 AM
Brye- From my reading of it the Busy Bee Craftex CX201 is the same saw as the Grizzly GO691. I'd check the feed back for that model.

scott spencer
01-14-2015, 3:56 PM
Brye- From my reading of it the Busy Bee Craftex CX201 is the same saw as the Grizzly GO691. I'd check the feed back for that model.

That's my understanding too. A Canadian version of the Grizzly.

rudy de haas
01-14-2015, 4:40 PM
I have one - it's unstoppable - one note: download the grizzly G0690/1 manual for assembly - it's much more complete and accurate than the craftex one.

One negative: I having been using it mainly to cut jatoba and hickory with a 50 tooth thin kerf blade. This produces very small, somewhat oily, sawdust particles that get (in part because my dust collector is only a 1HP jet) into the gear teeth. Now, because I usually just bring the blade up, make a bunch of cuts, and take it down (i.e. it does not go up and down a lot) this stuff packs into the gear crevices on the trunion and I have to clean them out every time it becomes difficult to raise the blade (twice, so far) - And, Yes, I'd be real happy to hear about a better way of doing that than a flat scrwewdriver and a vacuum cleaner!

allan kuntz
01-14-2015, 8:09 PM
I also have one and agree that is a good saw with lots of power and I really like the left tilt. I got the 200 with the shorter rail because i have the Incra fence. I also have the same problem with the trunnion gears and saw dust build up and would also like to hear of a better way to clean. I would definitely recommend the saw with a 3 year warranty
Al

Brye Goodspeed
01-15-2015, 4:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I came across this video and thought it looked pretty solid. The price is pretty tough to beat here in Canada, $700 less then the General International. Sounded powerful, looked well built, and mimics many saw on the market. Although I am many months away from making a purchase, I want to make sure I research all options. Thanks again for the feedback.