PDA

View Full Version : Auction items gloat

Ralph Barhorst
07-23-2005, 6:28 PM
Yesterday, one of our high schools had an auction to sell all of the items in their woodshop. They are dropping woodshop so that they have room for more classrooms.

I both a few items.

1. Two Disston #4 backsaws for $5.00. ($2.50 each) :) They are both in good shape but are not collector's item.

2. A Bailey/Stanley #7 plane. It was the only plane that they had that was in working condition. Paid $27.50 for it. I made some shavings this morning without even adjusting it. Worked pretty well, but really needs some sharpening.

I did not get some of the lumber that they sold. I especially wanted to buy some of the quarter saw sycamore but they sold it in one bid. The buyer got about 300 board feet for $200. I don't have a truck and I don't know what I would have done with that much.

Steve Clardy
07-23-2005, 7:04 PM
Nice haul on the plane!!

Tom Stovell
07-23-2005, 10:03 PM
Ralph,
Was that the Wayne Schools auction? I knew it was coming up but I didn't realize it was so soon. It looks like I didn't miss much, thankfully.

I also live in Tipp and have a (small) truck. Any time you need to haul some cheap lumber, give me a call. I'll be glad to help out. I'm over near Springhill Nursery.

Tom

Ralph Barhorst
07-24-2005, 11:50 AM
Ralph,
Was that the Wayne Schools auction? I knew it was coming up but I didn't realize it was so soon. It looks like I didn't miss much, thankfully.

I also live in Tipp and have a (small) truck. Any time you need to haul some cheap lumber, give me a call. I'll be glad to help out. I'm over near Springhill Nursery.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Yes, it was the Wayne school. The Amp-eating equipment was all three phase so I was not interested. The lumber was the best part of the sale.

I live in the Windmere subdivision off Kessler-Cowlesville Road. We should get together sometime and compare notes.