PDA

View Full Version : AWFS Vegas next Friday

Mitchell Garnett
07-23-2005, 4:22 PM
I'm making my first trip to AWFS next Friday. I think I know what to expect from reviewing the messages here and watching the website but I'd welcome advice from anyone who cares to offer it.

What I've gathered so far is that one day isn't enough (but that's all I've got) and I should take a big, comfortable backpack to lug stuff home.

I'm think about the Festool ATS55 closeout - can I buy that there or am I just as well off using the website?

I'll take my Creeker hat in case anyone else will be there on Friday.

cheers,

Mitchell

Richard Wolf
07-23-2005, 4:38 PM
I'll be there tue. thru friday. Sounds like you have things under control. I don't have a hat, just look for a old grouchy fat guy,(like I'm the only one). Actually, I can't get the smile off my face looking forward to 4 days in Vegas at the all time woodworking show. And I'm flying solo!!

Richard

Jim Becker
07-23-2005, 5:24 PM
AWFS isn't a "buy it and take it home" kinda show. It's largely industrial and BIG. Do wear comfortable shoes and expect a couple days to get around it. Most of the stuff will be "really big", but you can learn a lot from it. Uncle Bob will be at the Festool booth, so be sure to stop and shake his hand and give him your order... ;)

Richard McComas
07-23-2005, 5:39 PM
If you plan on snacking at the concession stands bring plenty of cash, their prices are astronomical. Like Jim says, you need good comfortable shoes.

My brother and I will be their Tuesday/Saturday.

Rob Littleton
07-23-2005, 7:14 PM
I'll be there Friday and Saturday. Staying in Ballys.

Probably take the Creek hat. I will be loading a MM16 into the truck Saturday afternoon. Look for the silver dodge ram with the driver with the BIG beaming smile :-). Hope to meet some people there. Can we do "Visit with a creeker" photos there? hehe

Have a safe trip y'all........

Jim Becker
07-23-2005, 9:57 PM
Rob, you better wear your SMC hat, especially in that Las Vegas sun! 'Wouldn't want you to get a head-burn... ;)

John A. Williams
07-24-2005, 1:48 AM
I'm going Wednesday, I understand Norm will be at the Delta booth on Friday.

Rob Littleton
07-24-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm going Wednesday, I understand Norm will be at the Delta booth on Friday.

I looked at both Delta and New Yankee website and dont see any mention of his Normness being there. I sure hope he is. The are three people I long to meet, Norm, Muhammad Ali and Jim Becker :-)

Jim Becker
07-24-2005, 12:20 PM
The are three people I long to meet, Norm, Muhammad Ali and Jim Becker

Oy, Veh...

nic obie
07-24-2005, 2:35 PM
You are right about bringing a hat... it was 117 in the shade in Vegas yesterday.

Lee DeRaud
07-24-2005, 3:01 PM
The are three people I long to meet, Norm, Muhammad Ali and Jim Becker :-)Don't panic, Jim. He probably means the "other Jim Becker": http://www.swingncountry.org/jim__becker.htm
:cool: :p :D

Richard McComas
07-24-2005, 5:50 PM
Just heard on the radio that some flights to Las Vegas are being canceled because of the the heat. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Rob Littleton
07-24-2005, 6:43 PM
I didnt necessarily mean in that order of course.......

Muhammad Ali first, then Norm, oh yeah, and the Becker man in there somewhere :-) hehehe

Sam Blasco
07-24-2005, 10:22 PM
I'll be there Friday and Saturday. Staying in Ballys.

Probably take the Creek hat. I will be loading a MM16 into the truck Saturday afternoon. Look for the silver dodge ram with the driver with the BIG beaming smile :-). Hope to meet some people there. Can we do "Visit with a creeker" photos there? hehe

Have a safe trip y'all........

Don't forget your harness. It's a long walk to the dock with that on your back 'cause I forgot to ship the mobiltiy kit with... :D

See you all there...

Rob Littleton
07-25-2005, 8:25 PM
Don't forget your harness. It's a long walk to the dock with that on your back 'cause I forgot to ship the mobiltiy kit with... :D

See you all there...

Fred Ex has an overnight package that will get it there in time.

The handbrake will be ticked if she has to lift that all the way to the dock.....

haha

John Renzetti
07-25-2005, 9:03 PM
Just heard on the radio that some flights to Las Vegas are being canceled because of the the heat. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi Rich, That is quite possible as there is a max temp for take off depending on the aircraft. I'm flying in on Tuesday night and leaving on the redeye on Thursday night. It should be below 100 by then.
See you and brother Bill at the show. I take it you guys left the wives home again. I'm sure Rita would have good luck at the tables. :)

Richard McComas
07-25-2005, 11:10 PM
Hi Rich, That is quite possible as there is a max temp for take off depending on the aircraft. I'm flying in on Tuesday night and leaving on the redeye on Thursday night. It should be below 100 by then.
See you and brother Bill at the show. I take it you guys left the wives home again. I'm sure Rita would have good luck at the tables. :)Yea, were going to leave the girls home again. Rita just got back from a family reunion and brother Bill’s wife is in the middle of writing a grant and can’t get away.

Latest forecast says it should be a little cooler than the 115/116* temperatures they’ve been having. Bill and I arrive Tuesday at 10:23 AM so I’m guessing temperatures won’t be to hot for aircraft that time of day.

See you soon Rich

Brian Buckley
07-26-2005, 8:26 AM
I will be there with my daughter on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing Uncle Bob even though it will probably cost me a lot of money.

Brian