PDA

View Full Version : G0766 question?

Ralph Lindberg
01-12-2015, 8:52 PM
I see in the specs there is a knockout bar.
Is the headstock and tailstock hollow, or only the headstock

I figure Roger knowns, but....

I like hollow tailstocks, as I use them to "drill" lamps. I point I made with Brent at Portland, right after he introduced the American Beauty, to see later the now it did. I figured I encouraged his thought in that direction

Roger Chandler
01-12-2015, 9:09 PM
I see in the specs there is a knockout bar.
Is the headstock and tailstock hollow, or only the headstock

I figure Roger knowns, but....

I like hollow tailstocks, as I use them to "drill" lamps. I point I made with Brent at Portland, right after he introduced the American Beauty, to see later the now it did. I figured I encouraged his thought in that direction

You are correct about the knockout bar..........I have not seen the lathe personally, but do know my G0698 [now sold, so maybe I should not call it mine anymore! ;)] and the G0733 both have through holes bored in both spindle and tailstock.......I would seriously doubt there is any difference with the G0766.........the live center looks identical to the one that came with my G0698, and it has a grub screw in the side of it to hold in a removable point section, and a hollow morse taper, which allows for a drill bit to be used even with tailstock support.