PDA

View Full Version : Cermark LMC 6044

Jeff Chumbley
07-23-2005, 3:24 PM
Has anyone had success with the Cermark LMC 6044 on ceramic tile purchased at local home stores? I have been running tests and the closest I get to making it work is 8 speed and 10 power on my Epilog 45 watt machine. Laserbits tech sheet says to use 100 power and 70% of your machines wattage for the speed. That just blows thru the outer coating of the tile. I have used 3score's laser tile and it works wonderful at 100s/90p. just cannot seem to get the right combination on the Cermark.

Jeff

William Capman
08-02-2005, 9:34 AM
Jeff,

I have had very good luck with tiles from the local Home Depot. I have a 45 watt Epilog and laser at 15 speed and 50 Power. It took few test but these speeds work very well for me.

Good Luck

Jeff Chumbley
08-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Thank you I will try that. I did get some fairly good results at 20/10.

Shari Loveless
08-10-2005, 12:39 AM
William,

I just received some LMC 6044 today from LaserBits. I did try brushing a little on a test tile with not a whole lot of luck. Did two coats and that worked ok. Ended up using 15 power/20 speed on a ULS 50W. Anything higher just took it right down to the ceramic. So to the spray method. I could not find if we are supposed to dilute this stuff when spraying in an airbrush. Do you guys use it straight or dilute it with water for the sprayer? Also the jar was only half full. Is that normal?
Will try spraying it on tomorrow and post a pic if it comes out. This could be an expensive tile project (making ceramic chargers for my daughter's birthday)! I may need a 55 gallon drum at this rate:eek:
thanks,
Shari

Mike Mackenzie
08-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Shari,

I sent this to you in an e-mail but I will post it here so everyone can see the process.

The Cerdec for ceramic is not easy until you get the process down. We have not used that cerdec for quite some time but I can tell you how we went about it. First the most important part is the application we air brushed the material, we mixed one part water to one part cerdec it has to be thin enough to spray through the air brush. Next we took the plate / Tile and we heated it up we micro waved it for 20 seconds not to hot to handle we then sprayed the material. Because the tile is warm the cerdec dries very quickly. You must get a smooth even coat this stuff is very temperamental when you laser it a thicker coat won’t mark where a thinner coat will so try to be consistent with the spray. Now for the power settings I am not sure what we used however from and old file we used power 46 speed 80 1000 ppi image density 5. You can try this and see but if these setting don’t work well go back to what you had used.

I just wanted to add this when spraying the tile stand them up on the edge lean them up against something do not spray them lying flat you will get a more consistant coating.

Oh yea the half bottle is normal they weigh this stuff a full bottle=X amount a 1/2 bottle=X amount same bottles different amount of material.

Jeff Chumbley
08-10-2005, 1:53 PM
I just spoke to the Ferro corp and they are sending me some samples of the new LM - 12 stuff for me to try. I was having the darnedest time getting the material out of the airbrush. I finally have gotten somewhat of a consistency to work with. I will try your measurements. As for power I have an epilog 24tt 45 watt and have been told by Ferro to use 20 speed 10 power or 50/30. It seems like high sheen tiles are a little bit more uncooperative than other tile. I will try the new stuff when it arrives and report back.

Jeff