PDA

View Full Version : A few quick gifts

Richard Fischer Jr
01-12-2015, 1:40 PM
Greetings everyone,
A few months ago I was fortunate enough to receive a significant number of woodworking tools that my father passed down to me. I had little to no experience with woodworking, but since I started on a few smaller projects to learn the ropes, I have absolutely fallen in love with it. I hope to slowly work my way up toward bigger projects, and keep the traditional alive. My father, grandfather, and great-grandfather were all woodworkers. My great-grandfather was a cabinet maker up in Pennsylvania, and I am lucky enough to have received some of his tools in addition to an unfinished chest of drawers that I hope to complete myself. Here are just a few cutting boards I put together for gifts to some of my family. I appreciate any pointers or critiques, but I'm a beginner....be easy on me :(

Rick

william watts
01-12-2015, 8:55 PM
You have made some very nice gifts that will be handed down for as many generations as your tools have been. The joinery looks perfect and the finish is great. It is a wonderful feeing when you use tools that your father, and grandfather , and great grandfather used. This is hobby that I alway find new and interesting, my you carry on the family tradition.

glenn bradley
01-13-2015, 12:37 PM
Nice job. I find that trivets and cutting boards get a very good response from almost everyone.