PDA

View Full Version : Dallas woodworkers - are you aware...

Perry Schmidt
05-30-2003, 4:36 PM
...there's a new Rockler store open (in Arlington)? And a second one slated to open this summer(in Mesquite)! Check out their web page.

I know this comes dangerously close to advertising, but HOPE it's OK. I'm not affiliated w/ them in any way - just someone who's wanted more choices for hard-to-find tools/HW. Now we have two more choices! I haven't visited yet, but have to say I can't wait to visit.

Now if Highland HW would JUST open a store here :)

Anyway, just FYI for all Dallas area folks.

Perry

Phil Phelps
05-30-2003, 6:07 PM
....but will be interested in any new WW store. The area they will open in Mesquite is densly populated. Dallas is adjacent to Mesquite. I hope it's something unique. I'm tired of the same ol' setup. Thanks for the info.

Mike Tubbs
05-30-2003, 6:17 PM
I like Phil am tired of the same ol' same ol' here.
For more info their address is

4624 S. Cooper St.
Arlington, Tx.
817-417-0070
(sw corner of I-20 and Cooper )

Mesquite store opening soon
Have great week- end

TUBBY

Wendell Wilkerson
06-01-2003, 12:50 AM
Now I won't have to pay shipping for all the goodies I buy from Rockler. Thanks for the info.

Wendell

Mike Mastin
06-01-2003, 10:59 AM
Wendell, but you will be driving quite a distance and then there is sales tax :-)
Actually, now that Rockler is in Texas, you will have to pay sales tax regardless though.

Maybe we need to have a Saw Mill Creek gathering at the new Rockler's some Saturday.

Tom Scott
06-02-2003, 11:28 AM
Funny you should mention this. I had no idea Rockler was here either, but had gone to the Oshman's next door to get the son some new tennies. Came out and was walking to a store a few doors down, and Bam!, there it was. I didn't notice it first because there were a few letters missing in the sign (looked like Roc**er). Quite surprised. Too bad they were closed, so I didn't get to check it out.

Perry Schmidt
06-04-2003, 12:00 PM
RE: gathering some Saturday...

Assuming no one suggests any Saturdays before hand, I'll keep an eye out for the Mesquite store opening and post something about going down that weekend when that store opens.

As a friend pointed out "Let's hit the Grand opening - maybe they'll be giving some stuff away". I'll all for free stuff :)

Perry

Phil Phelps
06-04-2003, 1:57 PM
.....and he mentioned he went to the new Rockler store. If I read him correctly, he wasnt' exactly enthusiastic. Ho, hum. Hope you folks are more satisfied :rolleyes:

Mike Mastin
06-04-2003, 9:17 PM
I just mentioned the Arlington store as it is now open. Any wortd on when the Mesquite store is due to officailly open?

This would actually be closer for me anyway.

Perry Schmidt
06-04-2003, 11:35 PM
If I weren't so busy I'd love to go to the Arlington store...but JUST too busy (trying to redo a bedroom for the baby #2).

But to answer your question 'when does the Mesquite store open' - all I know is 'sometime this summer'. Since it's officially summer, sometime in the next 3 months. I wouldn't be surprised if it's around the 4th. But no official word yet.

Perry

RL Johnson
06-14-2003, 10:18 PM
The offical grand opening is supposed to be sometime in September for both stores. The Arlington store a welcome addition as there is nothing close by except Home Depot and Lowes and their woodworking supplies are very limited.