PDA

View Full Version : Getting to the first unread post in a thread

Tony Zona
01-11-2015, 4:11 PM
I am able in other forums to open a thread and immediately see the first post I have not read in that particular thread.

Here I cannot. If I open a thread I am put at the first post in the thread, even if there are nine that I read so far. I have to scroll down and try to figure out the first one I have not read.

Is there a way I can be taken to the first post I have not read in a thread?

Bruce Page
01-11-2015, 4:37 PM
Tony, clicking on the down arrow to the left of the thread title will take you to the first unread post.

Tony Zona
01-11-2015, 4:48 PM
Thank you.

Jim Rimmer
01-12-2015, 1:29 PM
Tony, clicking on the down arrow to the left of the thread title will take you to the first unread post.

This is not a problem for me but now I'm curious. I don't see a down arrow to the left of the title? :confused:

Bruce Page
01-12-2015, 1:55 PM
Jim, see attached:

Jim Rimmer
01-15-2015, 1:42 PM
That is a good thing to know. Thanks.

Brian Tymchak
01-16-2015, 9:24 AM
Bruce, thanks for the tip, but those down arrows don't seem to be working as I would expect. They seem to always take me to the most recent post, not the last one I've read. There also doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when those arrows show up next to the thread titles. There are some threads that were started today that I haven't read at all, but have no arrow. Yet there are other threads that were started today or yesterday, with updates today, that I haven't read, that do have those arrows. I can't figure out how those are supposed to be working.