PDA

View Full Version : Holz / Univer Power Feeder

Michael W. Clark
01-10-2015, 6:16 PM
Anyone have a link for a manual for a Holz 1978-3 power feeder (3 roll, 1-HP, 8-speed, 3 phase). The Univer 508 looks almost identical, but I didn't see a link for the manual.

http://tfzje.zqejf.servertrust.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=000-303-00

I may contact Martin next week and ask, but wanted to look over the gear change and maintenance requirements this weekend.

Thanks,
Mike

Larry Edgerton
01-11-2015, 6:52 AM
If you find a link let me know. I have that same feeder I bought used and would not mind taking a look.

Thanks, Larry

David Kumm
01-11-2015, 9:35 AM
Larry and Michael, I have a Pertici manual. Won't be exact but should be close. Pertici made Holz and Univer303960 I can upload and scan tomorrow. I think I have both your emails. Dave

Michael W. Clark
01-11-2015, 5:56 PM
Thanks David!, I'm sure that will give me enough info.
Mike

Larry Dunn
10-15-2015, 5:39 PM
323426I am not sure how this system works, and for sure don't know how to send an e-mail but... I have the same Holz 1978 3 phase power feeder and am looking for some kind of manual. I have taken the feeder head apart and cleaned all the chains and gears, shafts, i.e.. I did not take the gear case apart as it seems to work fine. I did change the gear grease. Everything seems to work just fine with one exception. On the feeder head side that has the removable cover, there is a plate that covers the gear oil bath system. There is a small hole in the plate, near the top, that is about the same level as the oil level plug. If you tip the feeder head, oil will drip out very slowly. I did find a German manual on Vintage Machinery that clearly shows the small hole. Is this normal? It seems to me if you were to tip the feeder head on it's side the oil would run out. It has also dripped a small amount of oil from the hole (not the gasket) since I changed the gear oil. It maybe because I have over filled it? I attached a photo. Any help, or a manual link would be much appreciated. Larry