PDA

View Full Version : GCC Laserpro Mercury III rotary attachment

Colin Jenkins
01-10-2015, 5:23 PM
Thinking of inquiring into buying the rotary attachment for my machine. I read some older posts that described the GCC rotary attachment as difficult to use and I'm wondering if that's still the case or if they've improved. Anyone have experience with this attachment?

Gary Hair
01-10-2015, 6:35 PM
I have had the GCC rotary attachment for over 8 years and have had no problem with it being difficult to use. Quite the opposite actually! I see the "hot dog roller" that some machines have and I can tell you that 90% of what I have lasered would not have worked well with that type without making some sort of fixture to hold some of the oddball pieces. I have lasered tons of coffee mugs, can't do that on the other type but it's a breeze on mine.

Colin Jenkins
01-11-2015, 8:04 PM
Thanks Gary. One thing I was wondering was whether engraving a coffee mug with a handle would be a problem in terms of clearance both at the base of the attachment or with the handle potentially interfering with the carriage. Sounds like you don't have that problem. Do you have any issue with the 'minimum diameter' that is listed on the spec sheet? I presume that means that the fixture won't hold anything of smaller diameter.

Gary Hair
01-12-2015, 10:47 AM
I don't know what they have listed as a minimum, but I have lasered pens, so I don't think there is any issue with diameter... That is probably what they think most people could hold reliably and not fall out.