PDA

View Full Version : Source for Easy Wood Turning Tools

Sam E Miller
01-10-2015, 11:38 AM
Has anyone identified a source for Easy Wood tools that discounts from MSRP?

Shawn Pachlhofer
01-10-2015, 12:09 PM
biggest discount from MSRP I've seen on them is 10%

Craft Supplies USA just wrapped up a sale on EWT on 12/31

if you belong to a turning club - some Woodcraft stores offer a club discount or 10% off

or you could always just make your own tools for very cheap

search on You Tube for Cap'n Eddie Castelin's vidoes - he'll tell you how to do it.

Stan Smith
01-10-2015, 1:42 PM
biggest discount from MSRP I've seen on them is 10%

Craft Supplies USA just wrapped up a sale on EWT on 12/31

if you belong to a turning club - some Woodcraft stores offer a club discount or 10% off

or you could always just make your own tools for very cheap

search on You Tube for Cap'n Eddie Castelin's vidoes - he'll tell you how to do it.

Shawn is right on all counts. I was able to take advantage of the Craft Supplies sale for a chuck and some jaws and I wish I had waited for their sale to get a couple of EWT chisels that I had bought a few weeks before the sale. I don't have the materials or tools to make my own, but in some ways I wish I would have taken the time to do it and then I could have the tools made just the way I want them. Of course you have to have the knowledge of how certain types perform to know what you want, too. I'm sure I'm short of knowledge to do that, but I've got all the tools that I need for now---until someone invents a new one or a great upgrade :).

Stan Calow
01-11-2015, 10:21 AM
Saw them on Amazon for about $30 discount on each tool, for one day a couple of weeks ago. Went back the next day and it was too late. Not sure who the real vendor was.

Shawn Pachlhofer
01-11-2015, 11:37 AM
Harrison Specialties has carbide tools fairly cheap:

http://www.harrisonspecialties.com/welcome-to-the-home-of-simple-wood-turning-tools/

Robert Henrickson
01-11-2015, 12:05 PM
Find someone who has them but is no longer interested in having/using them. They are out there.

Sam E Miller
01-11-2015, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm in no rush so will watch for deals and poke around for some used ones as well.

Sam