PDA

View Full Version : Maple Crush Grind Peppermill

BILL DONAHUE
01-10-2015, 10:39 AM
Tried doing a different design than the traditional one for a peppermill. This one is maple, about 9" tall x 2 3/4" and uses the crushgrind ceramic mechanism with no glue or screws. Finished with thin shellac and gloss WOP. The beads give it a very good feel in the hand. The two parts meet between the 2nd and 3rd beads from the top.

Steve Schlumpf
01-10-2015, 11:00 AM
I like the simple curve to the form, the overall size and think you did a really nice job on the beading! Nice work!

Lee Watermann
01-10-2015, 1:00 PM
Very nice. I'm getting set up for the crush grind and enjoy seeing anyone working with it.
Thanks

Joseph M Lary
01-13-2015, 7:54 PM
Very nice Bill. I like that style of mill , very nice bead work . I have problems with beads at times , I have never used the crush grind mec yet going to have to give it a try.

Thom Sturgill
01-13-2015, 8:05 PM
I really like the way the upper beads set proud. There appears to be a break in the line where the lower beads set. I think it would probably have looked better if the lower beads also set proud, ie. the curve ended at the level of the base of the beads. The break would not have been quite as noticable. You might also think of raising the lower beads to mirror the upper beads. I also like 'hiding' the joint between the beads.

However, it is a very nice overall impression Bill. Good Job.

Tim Rinehart
01-13-2015, 8:28 PM
Nice lines on this Bill. I'm sure the beads help with keeping a good grip.

paul wiser
01-13-2015, 9:47 PM
very nice design. what did you use for shellac??? most polys do not dry over shellac. thanks