PDA

View Full Version : Ghosting when using my red sale 1290 Laser

Greg M Ellis
01-10-2015, 8:24 AM
G'day all,
I for the last 2 days I have been getting Ghosting when using my red sale 1290 Laser, it's like shading on words or Numbers,---------- My red sale 1290 Laser starts it's cutting in the back right corner, and as ti works to the middle it loosers the Ghosting so far
Any help would be great
Hard to teach old dogs new tricks
Greg M Ellis

Dave Sheldrake
01-10-2015, 10:00 AM
Beam is hitting the inside edge of the nozzle scattering it. You will need to check the alignment.

cheers

Dave

Neville Stewart
01-10-2015, 10:15 AM
Dave is right. I had the same issue, nozzle had loosened and moved slightly to one side, beam hit edge of housing on the way out. Reseated it, tightened, problem disappeared.

Clark Pace
01-10-2015, 10:41 AM
303902Hi,

I have a redsail also, and a similar problem see if this help. I got the answer from Redsail.

First pictures is what was happening to me. Second image is what pretty much worked for me. Although on my machine I put the reverse interval to 400 speed and .12. It help a lot.

Frederic Gagnon
01-10-2015, 10:45 AM
Looks to me like your X-belt is too loose. Depending on your machine, their is a tension adjustment on either side.

Greg M Ellis
01-11-2015, 9:29 AM
Wow Thanks one and all,
Maybe I have sent you up the wrong track, I will try and add some photos, in the first photo shows the side of a 5 inch gauge Carriage, can you see the line about 10mm down from the cut line around and through the window??, this line is made at the same time the Laser is cutting the cut line,--------------I have taken the Honey combe Bed out and this get the same results, the Ghosting as I call it comes in from the right hand side about 255mm (10inches)------------The Ply is Hoop, 1.6mm thick, ------using a Speed of 18mm/s Power of 70%, ---------My Red Sail 1290 is 80Watts
Thanks for all the Help.
Hard to teach old dogs new tricks
Greg M Ellis