PDA

View Full Version : Traditional Joinery Plans

Christopher Pennington
01-09-2015, 1:10 PM
Can anyone point me to a good resource for furniture plans using traditional joinery? Everything I'm finding only seems to call for pocket screws all over the place. I'm more interested in Stickley Designs.

Kent A Bathurst
01-09-2015, 4:08 PM
Sure - look into books on Stickley furniture by Bob Lang - a member here. He has 3 - 4 - 5 books out on this topic, giving designs and plans, but also showing joinery details. You will find everything you want to know.

I've got - 2? 3? - and I know there have been others published since then. This is where I got started in WW, and Stickley-A&C in particular. Great resource. Good guy, as well.

Dave Richards
01-09-2015, 4:20 PM
I can't think of a single plan sold in the Taunton Store (http://www.tauntonstore.com/woodworking/plans-projects.html?utm_source=web&utm_medium=header&utm_campaign=fw_header_store_plans) that uses a pocket screw. There are a few Arts and Crafts pieces there.

You could also get the old Mission Furniture:How to Make It. There are three parts combined into one book. Lots of plans and not a single pocket screw to be found.