PDA

View Full Version : Website Builder, any recommendations?

Scott Brandstetter
01-09-2015, 11:50 AM
Can anyone make a recommendation? Pro's and con's of what you have used or tested. Thanks in advance.

Mark Bolton
01-09-2015, 12:28 PM
Im playing around with squarespace at the moment. Not live yet but seems pretty simple if your not programming savvy.

CPeter James
01-09-2015, 1:36 PM
This is what I use and I have been with this product for several years. It is easy to use a very versatile. No connection except a user.
http://www.serif.com/webplus/offer/?MC=SERPPCWP1&gclid=CJj7qMrGh8MCFSgV7AodH38A1Q

The latest version 8 is out so version 7 is on sale cheap. I tried Dreamweaver, Frontpage, and Expression, and they were way too difficult. Webplus 7 is much easier and you can do a lot with it. I also tried Coffe Cup and a few others.

CPeter

roger wiegand
01-09-2015, 1:44 PM
I've been using Microsoft Expression Web, but have pretty mixed feelings about it. I still maintain the biggest website I manage in an antique version of Frontpage using tables within tables to lay out pages because I haven't had time or energy to convert it. I dabbled in Dreamweaver but found it to have way too steep a learning curve for my modest needs. I'm not a programmer at all and have been struggling for a good solution. The web-based prepackaged stuff doesn't provide enough flexibility or control and the pro level packages are way too complicated for me to want to learn. Expression Web is the closest thing I've found so far to something that satisfies my Goldilocks-like needs. I will follow this thread with interest.

Once I retire I hope to have time to take a real web design course and actually learn the basic stuff in an organized way.

Howard Garner
01-09-2015, 2:37 PM
My choice is Net Objects Fusion
<http://netobjects.com/>

Sean Troy
01-09-2015, 3:16 PM
I've been using Joomla for years now and there isn't much it can't do. I've always been able to do what ever I needed to. Lot's of info online on how to use.

Chuck Wintle
01-09-2015, 4:15 PM
Have a look at coffeecup software as they have a website builder that is good and easy to use.

Adam Hughes
01-09-2015, 4:46 PM
I would recommend wordpress. you can use wordpress.com and it's free and they host it for you. Or you can use your own hosting and install wordpress from your control panel. It really depends on what you want to do with your website. I've played around with websites over the past few years. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm.

Viking Mountain Tool Works
01-10-2015, 3:22 PM
A lot of it is what do you want to do with the web site, what do you want to accomplish with it? About you and your hobbies? Your business with a phone number and email? E-commerce?

Scott

Michael Yadfar
01-10-2015, 3:48 PM
I use Wordpress, it's very user friendly and has a lot of free templates and add ons. I have little computer experience, and I figured it out and made a somewhat professional looking website