PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Looking for LTT ILS X axis bearing rollers.

Chris Corwin
01-08-2015, 3:56 PM
Hi,
I have an LTT ILS III laser sitting in school and the x axis started cutting rough. I took the carnage apart and one of the bearing wheels was gouged. I'm looking for a replacement part. The bearings are good, I just need the plastic wheel for the outside of the bearings. The wheel measures 16mm X 6mm with a hole of 8mm.

I have not contacted LTT yet,but I was hoping somebody had a ready source for these parts.

Thanks,

Chris Corwin

Keith Outten
01-08-2015, 10:04 PM
I wonder what your chances are of having one of our Members here make the part for your laser. It appears to be a simple piece so anyone who owns a metal lathe with reasonable expertise should be able to make one. I have a small metal lathe but lack the skills necessary......if you can't find a more experienced machinist let me know and i would be glad to try it myself.

Bill George
01-09-2015, 12:02 PM
My Emco lathe is down right now converting from a 3 phase static/rotary to a VFD. But I just went out and looked at my Chinese laser and it has what appears to stainless steel V or U groove guide wheels. I did a search on eBay and this came up ebay.com/itm/50pcs-3-12-4mm-Metal-V-Groove-Guide-Pulley-Rail-Ball-Bearings-Wheel-/251705601800?pt=BI_Heavy_Equipment_Parts&hash=item3a9ad2af08

I my guess its the wrong size but If you replaced all 4 can you get close enough in size to make it work? There could be other sources, McMaster Carr comes to mind.

Frederic Gagnon
01-09-2015, 12:29 PM
Looking for one of these ? Will gray do instead of black?? lol

I have an old LTT-ILS3 NM (bought from Signwarehouse) sitting here , laser is dead and electronics were stripped. The rollers are dirty from wood cutting but not much worn because I remember I replaced them at some point. PM me if you want me to ship them to you.
Cheers

Chris Corwin
01-09-2015, 7:48 PM
Those are the ones!!! :D Fred, I just sent you a private message. Thank you so much for the help.

I did contact LTT yesterday and recieved a reply from their "sales engineer" Stacy Lu. She asked me for my serial # and country. I gave the information, but I haven't heard back from them yet. I Still have my fingers crossed.

Bill, thanks for the manufacturing offer, but I don't think that a lathe could make them due to a small rim on the inside of the plastic wheel. I think they would have to be injection molded.