PDA

View Full Version : would biesmeyer guide tube and rails work with the clone xacta fence?

tony mashadi
01-08-2015, 1:20 AM
Hello-
My jet guide tube has been cut since my saw has a sliding table that i am thinking to take off and was wondering if i could put a biesmeyer rail and tube that i found for reasonable price instead. I want to still use the xacta fence. If they are not compatible I might just buy iron tube and make one unless anyone sees a problem with going that route.
Thank you in advance for your guidance.

scott spencer
01-08-2015, 7:41 AM
The Biese Commerical rails should be compatible with the Xacta II.

glenn bradley
01-08-2015, 8:53 AM
Tony, Scott's reply may seem too straight forward but, he is pretty well versed ion this area and I would take that statement with a high degree of confidence.

Dick Brown
01-08-2015, 9:57 AM
Did a new rail on a Shop Fox once and the new tube from the steel supplier was just a tiny bit to large and required that I work the cam bolt holes and cam brackets over a bit to make it work and still be able to use the adjusters. Had to back them clear out to get the fence over the tube. Don't know if the S.F. tube was a tiny bit under standard or the steel house one was a bit over size. Anyway, with any luck, what you want to do should be a piece of cake. May take a little creativity.

Peter Quinn
01-08-2015, 12:26 PM
I happen to work in a shop that has a delta uni with bies rails and fence on the right and a jet exacta saw on the left, and our fences are interchangeable, both work on either rails. Can't say that's an absolute standard but good chance it will work.

tony mashadi
01-08-2015, 6:07 PM
Thank you all for yout responds. You guys covered everything I needed to learn. Will get the commercial bies rail.
Thanks

tony mashadi
01-12-2015, 12:20 PM
Im not sure if I have to start a new thread for another question but I'll try it here first. I'm thinking of changing all bearings in my saw since it is very well used. The jet part number for the arbor bearing, for example, is BB-6203ZZ and I was wondering if bearing part numbers are universal and I can just buy any 6203ZZ bearing or I have to get jet's. I ask because i see 6203ZZ bearings everywhere online. Also should I get a good brand name bearing like SKF or Nachi, or for table saws it doesn't matter. Finally there are some parts such as bearing load spring and spacer that go behind the bearing. Do those parts need to be changed with the bearing also or only if visibly damaged.
Thank you all in advance for all the help.

David Kumm
01-12-2015, 5:38 PM
Any 6203 should work. ZZ is double shield. If it were me I'd put SKF Explorer in them. A little higher precision at a reasonable cost which spindles deserve. Motor bearings not as important to have the higher precision. Dave

tony mashadi
01-12-2015, 10:13 PM
Thank you so much David. Thats what I will do.
Thank you