PDA

View Full Version : It's a small Sickness...

Thom Sturgill
01-07-2015, 2:40 PM
Last time I asked if it was a sickness and was told that if so it was only a small sickness...

Dinner for Two - Dollhouse scale (1"=1'). Vase is Holly (as are the plates, bowls, candelabra, and wine bottle) hollowed with 1/8" hollowing tools that I made. Table is Cherry. Goblets turned from Acrylic. Candles are turned from UHMW plastic. Chairs are various woods 1/8" dia legs, painted with black gesso. Slat and pepper grinders are Holly and Ebony with gold paint for the adjuster. Greens are lichen.

There *may* be one more in the series, a family dining room including a table with working leaf, and a display cabinet for china...
Then again, I think I want to core some bowls....

C & C welcome.

john snowdon
01-07-2015, 2:54 PM
That's not a sickness. That's an incredible set of skills and patience! Beautifully done, Thom.

John

David Cramer
01-07-2015, 3:07 PM
Skills and patience are right! Nice job Thom:)

David

David Delo
01-07-2015, 4:19 PM
That's really something special Thom. Congrats

Tim Rinehart
01-07-2015, 4:36 PM
Very cool Thom...very cool. My eyes hurt though just thinking about the work to make the various elements.

Thom Sturgill
01-07-2015, 4:59 PM
Very cool Thom...very cool. My eyes hurt though just thinking about the work to make the various elements.

Tim, the key is LOTS of light. Keeps your eyes contracted which increases the ability to see fine detail. Also you need high lathe speed, of course.

Thanks for the Comments, David, David, John and Tim. they are appreciated.