PDA

View Full Version : Fuji Semi Pro 2

Prashun Patel
01-06-2015, 3:29 PM
Has anyone used this unit? I was considering the Earlex, but this unit has some nicer features like a longer hose and a finer stock needle. I'm going to be spraying primarily shellac, lacquer, waterbased topcoats, and water/alcohol based dyes.

This unit is 2-stage. Being able to spray predictably good is worth a lot to me, so if a 2-stage unit is borderline acceptable for a hobbyist as myself, LMK what else I should consider.

Thanks in advance.

scott vroom
01-06-2015, 4:24 PM
Prashun, I've got a Fuji Q4 4 stage which I love but it's around a $1,000 (vs $400 for the Pro 2). I've never used the Semi-Pro 2 but it get's great reviews on Amazon. If it were me, I'd call and ask Jeff Jewett about the Pro 2.

Prashun Patel
04-30-2015, 1:53 PM
Follow up:

I just bought one on Amazon. They had a used one which brought it within shooting range (pun intended) of the Earlex. This unit comes with a longer hose and a smaller stock needle. The Earlex comes with a 2.0mm needle, which I've (correctly or incorrectly) thought was a little thick for the shellac and lacquer I'm using. Buying the finer needle set for the Earlex would have put it in the same price range as this discounted Fuji.

Chris Ainsley
05-04-2015, 3:02 PM
I have a Semi-pro 2 and have used it to spray pre-cat lacquer with great results.
I was initially spraying thinned water based exterior and interior paints which went well with the proper thinning and application.

Prashun Patel
09-27-2016, 3:25 PM
Followup:

I have been using this for about 18 months now and it has been wonderful. I would like to purchase a second cup and gun that I can dedicate to shellac and dye. Any recommendations for a 'cheap' second gun?

Bill McNiel
09-28-2016, 3:13 PM
Followup:

I have been using this for about 18 months now and it has been wonderful. I would like to purchase a second cup and gun that I can dedicate to shellac and dye. Any recommendations for a 'cheap' second gun?

Prashun,
Which unit did you buy? Amazon has two Fugi Semi-Pro units , 2202 or 2203G ?
Mahalo - Bill

Prashun Patel
09-28-2016, 3:38 PM
2202 (non gravity). I really like the unit. it has worked well for me. It was an upgrade for me vs my Rockler unit - which worked darn well also.

I will say, though that I wish the air flow switch and flow dial had meters so I could remember my settings. As it is now, I have to just dial it in each time by feel and intuition via trial and error. And I spray pretty much the same stuff on most projects, so being able to quickly dial in would be nice.

Bill McNiel
09-28-2016, 9:31 PM
Prashun,
Thanks for the reply. You are always quick to respond and I have great respect for your thoughts and experience.
regards - Bill